True-Track for '03 FLHRCI

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by RibEye, Nov 12, 2012.

1. RibEye

RibEye Junior Member Contributor

I just received my new True-Track. I intend to put it on this Saturday, before the ride up to Phoenix to join other HDT members for some fun. It was a bit pricey, but seems to be nicely executed. We'll give it a nice workout right away. the scoot tends to feel a bit wiggly (like rear tire is low), and tracking the cracks. Let's see if this fixes that at all.

Enjoy,
    Rich P

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

RibEye, don't know how many miles you have on your ride but you might want to check the swingarm bearings and bushings. The true-track will definitly make the rear more stable.

3. mouthful

mouthful Active Member

You will enjoy that addition and should for sure notice a difference. If still feeling a bit of rearend wobble? might want to look into swing arm bushings. Just a thought.

4. RibEye

RibEye Junior Member Contributor

I took her in to the local HD dealer, and paid them to look at everything that could contribute: Neck bearing preload (seems to me that swing-by, stated in the manual is too loose), wheel bearings and alignment, swingarm bushings/bearings, spokes, vehicle alignment and linkages, motor mounts, etc. They found nothing. Did they actually do the checks? Who knows? I am hoping so, since much of what they checked is part of my 30K service. The rest I can do myself. I'm sitting just shy of 30K on an '03 RKC.

I have had one instance of high speed wobble, but I had the batwing and tourpak on and had a pretty serious cross-wind (35 - 40 mph). She wanted to wobble at just a little over 70 mph. I have taken her up to more than that since then and she has not done it again, so I am chalking that one up to the cross-wind.

I'm hoping that 30K is not enough to waste my swingarm bushings. Let's see how much wiggle-tail she manifests after the True-Track goes on.

Enjoy,
    Rich P

5. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

I think you're good to go. 40 to 50K is the check bushings and bearings. I would think that if the dealer had a chance to change something out they would. I have a different stabilizer on my RG and it made a world of difference. The True-Track is a quality setup.

6. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I did the True-Track up-grade on my '03. I actually did the Tracula package so that did include the swingarm bushing upgrade, and the front mount. Excellent value in my book, since it eliminated ALL the rear steer I had.

TQ