free website stats program True-Track for '03 FLHRCI | Harley Davidson Forums

True-Track for '03 FLHRCI

RibEye

I just received my new True-Track. I intend to put it on this Saturday, before the ride up to Phoenix to join other HDT members for some fun. It was a bit pricey, but seems to be nicely executed. We'll give it a nice workout right away. the scoot tends to feel a bit wiggly (like rear tire is low), and tracking the cracks. Let's see if this fixes that at all.

Enjoy,
Rich P

RibEye, don't know how many miles you have on your ride but you might want to check the swingarm bearings and bushings. The true-track will definitly make the rear more stable.

You will enjoy that addition and should for sure notice a difference. If still feeling a bit of rearend wobble? might want to look into swing arm bushings. Just a thought.

RibEye, don't know how many miles you have on your ride but you might want to check the swingarm bearings and bushings. The true-track will definitly make the rear more stable.

I took her in to the local HD dealer, and paid them to look at everything that could contribute: Neck bearing preload (seems to me that swing-by, stated in the manual is too loose), wheel bearings and alignment, swingarm bushings/bearings, spokes, vehicle alignment and linkages, motor mounts, etc. They found nothing. Did they actually do the checks? Who knows? I am hoping so, since much of what they checked is part of my 30K service. The rest I can do myself. I'm sitting just shy of 30K on an '03 RKC.

I have had one instance of high speed wobble, but I had the batwing and tourpak on and had a pretty serious cross-wind (35 - 40 mph). She wanted to wobble at just a little over 70 mph. I have taken her up to more than that since then and she has not done it again, so I am chalking that one up to the cross-wind.

I'm hoping that 30K is not enough to waste my swingarm bushings. Let's see how much wiggle-tail she manifests after the True-Track goes on.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I think you're good to go. 40 to 50K is the check bushings and bearings. I would think that if the dealer had a chance to change something out they would. I have a different stabilizer on my RG and it made a world of difference. The True-Track is a quality setup.

I did the True-Track up-grade on my '03. I actually did the Tracula package so that did include the swingarm bushing upgrade, and the front mount. Excellent value in my book, since it eliminated ALL the rear steer I had.

TQ

Back