free website stats program True Duels or Slip-ons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

True Duels or Slip-ons

Thanks, I kind of like it myself:D

Brought home a couple of awards with it.:naughty

This is one of the latest ones after the mods were done.

1CC.jpg

Hey Glider...How about Rush mufflers with the smaller baffles to create a little back pressure lost by the true duals. Would that help.

Now if someone (Glider?) could explain scavenging... and what are the benefits of it...

I assume scavenging is GOOD?

My main reasons for asking is I really need to fix some probs with my exhaust on my 02 carb'ed RK... I haven't spent much time (or money) on the exhaust... I (most probably) made a mistake listening to other riders, who said just drill out the baffles on the stock mufflers, in order to make the bike sound more "harleyish". I've done no other mods, and now I seem to be paying for it... I've just noticed that the crossover ("y-pipe"?) has cracked again... this is the 2nd time.

I figure I really need to re-jet the carb, and make some other mods, in order to run better, and more importantly, run right!

Can anyone point me in the right direction (like other threads here?). I have decided to start wrenching my own bike (did primary fluid change, and chain tensioner adjustment over the weekend!). It not that I'm not mechanically inclined, but just the fear of messing with a 2-wheeled vehicle, where a mistake can have severe repercussions!

Thanks, in advance, for your responses!

BTW, my bike has 30K miles on it now.... all mine!

So are you saying that going with true duals are a waste of $$$$? Better yet, what would be the benefit(s) of going true duals? I'm in the same boat with an '09 FLHT.

So are you saying that going with true duals are a waste of $$$$? Better yet, what would be the benefit(s) of going true duals? I'm in the same boat with an '09 FLHT.

First thing to think about is: Are you going to race it? Most likely not. Then don't worry about losing a little horse power. And it's very little at that. I had true duels put on my 98 Ultra and I'm glad I did. (Rineharts) Why? The heat off of the crossover was gone. Did you hear me, GONE. I bought Rinehart slip-ons for now just for the tone that the put out. And love them. Talk to the people at Rinehart and they are in research and development of a true duel system for the 09's now. And as soon as they are ready you bet your sweet ass I'll have 'em on my 09.

Back