free website stats program True duals | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

True duals

I saw those, wonder if they'll let me trade in my nearly new 4" Jackpots? :bigsmiley10:

Maybe? I bought a "used" x-pipe from them at a reduce price. According to Jamie, it was a customer return/exchange but I don't know the reason for the change, perhaps some weld defect or fitment issue, not sure. However, I fitted it to my '02 FLHT with no issue. I suppose it would also depend on the condition of the Jackpot mufflers. I am sure Jamie would work an exchange if the Jackpots were still in the box, just not sure how willing he would be if the Jackpots don't look brand new. I know he wants to get the new E-series on the street and that the 4" Jackpots are very popular and would be an easy sell at a discounted price.

How much would you want for them? I'd be interested in taking them off your hands? How loud are they?

They have the standard baffle. I think they would be great on a stock bike. That is what everybody else says. I've got a cam in mine so they are louder. I love them when you are accelerating hard and running thru the gears. They sound great at idle and just loafing down the road. But when you hit a little grade and just give it a touch of throttle, it has that rat-tat-tat-tat sound and it drives me crazy. Most seem to love them though.

I need to call and talk to Jamie. If I'm gonna lose low end torque by going to another muffler, I'll probably stay with these and just deal with it. I've had several offer to buy them. Just not ready to do that yet. I'll keep you in mind if it comes to that though.

How much would you want for them? I'd be interested in taking them off your hands? How loud are they?

They sound a lot like RH true duals; fairly quiet at idle and cruise but speak with authority when you crack the throttle. I have never owned or ridden a stock bike, so I can't say what they would sound like on a stock bike but believe they would sound much the same, just a tad but quieter.

I need to call and talk to Jamie. If I'm gonna lose low end torque by going to another muffler, I'll probably stay with these and just deal with it. I've had several offer to buy them. Just not ready to do that yet. I'll keep you in mind if it comes to that though.

Of course talk to Jamie but I don't see how you would loose any low end torque. Even if you did lose a bit, the "tunable" feature of their new E-series muffler would allow you to adjust for the loss.

Of course talk to Jamie but I don't see how you would loose any low end torque. Even if you did lose a bit, the "tunable" feature of their new E-series muffler would allow you to adjust for the loss.

How do you tune a muffler???

(you can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish) :p

If there is discs in muffler you can add or subtract discs to achieve desired performance. Some are done by different length baffles.

Read and learn.

Fuel Moto E-Series Exhaust Why E-Series?

Very similar to the Super Trapp Supermeg mufflers which are round, not elliptical. These can be tuned by using an open end cap and a few discs or a closed end cap and many discs. It's all about getting the exhaust out, avoiding reversion and creating a negative atmosphere (suction for the Rio Linda readers) to maximize the incoming A/F charge. Do some searching on the internet and you can learn more.

I went to fullsac.com and bought the true duel conversion for $179, 2 pieces of pipe to get rid of the Y-pipe on rear cylinder and you keep your mufflers or buy new slip-ons and they sound great, a lot less heat, that's the cheapest way to go

Back