free website stats program true duals | Harley Davidson Forums

true duals

RUSHMORE_14

Ok, I keep reading about performance, looks, sound, and I WAS going to put Samson True Duals on my 09 Heritage.....only because the last bike I had was an 06 Springer Classic and it had them on when I bought it used. I liked them....but its all I've known besides the stock exhaust I have now. I really don't know the difference between Samson, Reinhart, Vance and Hines, Bassani.....or the rest. Can anyone offer suggestions or prefernces and why?
HELP!

All depends on what you are looking for, Performance? Just sound? Looks?, That is what you have to determine first, then make a decision that works for you. What exactly are you trying to end up with?

well, the thing is the difference between duals and "true" duals. I've had the Samson True Duals with short fishtails; liked them....then i read vance and hines- the look of a true dual system....Hobbits bike looks great. Is there a way to compare the sounds other sound bytes....whats the diff in performance....cant be too much, right.
Glider, checkin it out now, thanks!

Well, after reading alot of what Glider gave me and things I've been reading, and thanks to all of those who advised, looks like I'm gonna do one of two things:
1. Find a bike that has Vance and Hines on it...with the sme engine as mine, or
2. Just get the Samson setup that I had on the 06, but for 09.
PS....amazing how much $$$$ these are

I really like that setup with the fishtails.....looks like a bigger pipe than than the Samsons I had.

You can also buy any head pipe setup and put any style muffler on that you want also. If you are looking for just sound, I have Rush slip-ons on my 05 UC with a built motor and they sound great.

Try Fullsac performance their prices seem lower than any others I've seen. Thinking about ordering a set for my 95 dresser and theirs look good too. I think they are out of Arizona.

Get the S/E gaskets, they don't restrict the flow as bad as the OEM stock ones and wipe ALL finger prints off the pipes and muffs before you start it.:57:

Thanks......good to know
This is why I love this site.....and the Harley community!
Thanks again guys. I'll post a pic when the job is done.

Back