True Duals

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by junkpockets, Aug 25, 2009.

1. junkpockets

junkpockets New Member

Does anyone have info as to changing to true duals. My question is do I have to dyno after installation. They from fullsac.
    I have an 05 Ultra 88 with andrews 26G geared cams, heads ported and polished and HD race tuner.
    junkpockets

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

With all that work on the engine, the TD will loose a bit of bottom end. A GOOD dyno tuner can get some of it back but it will still be a bit less than started with.

3. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

but you will never notice the loss ... is the hd race tuner the one like a tfi or more like the new sert where you have to computer tune it

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

I believe the race tuner referred to in this case is the SERT, computer tuned on a dyno for best performance.

5. maine-e-axe

maine-e-axe Junior Member

With that motor work, I would put 2 into 1 fat cat and gain 8 to 10 horse but use s/e exhaust gaskets, the oem ones choke the exhaust port by 1/8 to1/4 and take HP away.:s

6. Elmosac

Elmosac Active Member

The short answer is yes.

Any time you make a change to the engine you should retune for optimal results.

Having said that, if the back pressure is similar to the old pipes you probably won't need to. When I changed mine to true duals the MAP that I had on the bike actually worked better. I havn't had the bike dyno tuned so I am using an 80% solution, but I'm good with that.