free website stats program True Duals | Harley Davidson Forums

True Duals

junkpockets

Does anyone have info as to changing to true duals. My question is do I have to dyno after installation. They from fullsac.
I have an 05 Ultra 88 with andrews 26G geared cams, heads ported and polished and HD race tuner.
junkpockets

With all that work on the engine, the TD will loose a bit of bottom end. A GOOD dyno tuner can get some of it back but it will still be a bit less than started with.

but you will never notice the loss ... is the hd race tuner the one like a tfi or more like the new sert where you have to computer tune it

I believe the race tuner referred to in this case is the SERT, computer tuned on a dyno for best performance.

With that motor work, I would put 2 into 1 fat cat and gain 8 to 10 horse but use s/e exhaust gaskets, the oem ones choke the exhaust port by 1/8 to1/4 and take HP away.:s

The short answer is yes.

Any time you make a change to the engine you should retune for optimal results.

Having said that, if the back pressure is similar to the old pipes you probably won't need to. When I changed mine to true duals the MAP that I had on the bike actually worked better. I havn't had the bike dyno tuned so I am using an 80% solution, but I'm good with that.

Back