True duals or not true dual

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by cruiser371, Feb 8, 2011.

1. cruiser371

cruiser371 New Member

I am picking up my 2011 ultra limited in march. Are true dual mufflers worth installing on it?

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member Contributor

Welcome to the forum Cruiser. True dual or not true dual has been discussed at length. Most agree you lose a little bottom end power. You can do a search for true duals or click on the self help tip tab at the top left of the page and go to the exhaust section and read some of the articles.

3. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

A consideration would be to ride the bike awhile after picking up before having any exhaust installed. You may find stock set up satisfactory. If not then change out.
    Welcome to the "Best on the Net"

4. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I gottem and certainly like them. Rineharts on my RK.

Welcome to THE forum. Do check out the search function. It will keep you reading for hours.

Bodeen

5. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

you might lose some bottom end but youll never feel it i never noticed a difference

6. ron1978

ron1978 Active Member

i've rode both ways, i can't tell any difference besides heat factor on legs
    true duals, seem to be a bit cooler!

7. markaria

markaria Member

definitely cooler (both in sound and on legs lol):D

8. TheBoss

TheBoss Banned

Probably a worthwhile move to lose the stock cats anyway. If you go TD's, I'd advise staying away from Rinehart as it will seriously limit any future slip-on options.

9. IR Rick

IR Rick Active Member

try Fullsac out Very nice Xpipe and baffles Steve will also send you the map:D

10. 01 rk

01 rk Active Member

I have TD's on both my '01RK & my '06flthc. Changed over mainly to get rid of the heat.
    Quite a difference. I used V&H, good quality!