free website stats program True Duals 07 Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

True Duals 07 Ultra

Bobcat316

I am sure there are plenty of posts regarding V&H true duals for an 07 Ultra Classic, but I figured I would start here.
I have heard that switching to true duals is a good way to counter the heat and makes the bike sound a little better.

Talking to
1. Jim's Cycle Shop in Axtell Texas (Whom I trust and most cetral Texans seem to trust as well). They tell me that replacing my stock exaust with V&H true duals will help a great deal with heat, make the bike sound a bit better, but not help performance at all.
2. Harley Davidson of Waco says that I might and probably will need a "Racing Tune" $500 and Dyno testing at $200 to make the bike run correctly after replacing the stock pipes.

So I knew that my next stop would be here to test the experience of the peole here. And maybe some ref to past posts over this subject.
Thanks
Bob

I am sure there are plenty of posts regarding V&H true duals for an 07 Ultra Classic, but I figured I would start here.
I have heard that switching to true duals is a good way to counter the heat and makes the bike sound a little better.
Both are true above...

but not help performance at all.
Also true and only in the upper ranges will you notice improvements where you don't use that much.

Harley Davidson of Waco says that I might and probably will need a "Racing Tune" $500 and Dyno testing at $200 to make the bike run correctly after replacing the stock pipes.
Also true unfortunately with the complex tuners.

Why not get the TFI and do it yourself for less than 1/4 of the price of the tuner and the dyno time. Most street bikes benefit from the TFI and ther other tuners work well but IMO are overkill for anything but race applications.

EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft

Glider,
Can you give me more details on TFI I went to the tech tips and could not find anything. I am certain I was looking in the wrong place.

True Duals do remove heat and sound better .. i dont notice a loss of any bottom end nor really much of a gain at top end .. but making the heat go away is nice

I have the bassani power curve and bassani slip ons ... and you need to have it tuned or use a tfi or something else

My 08 FLHTC has dealer installed Stage 1 (Screaming Eagle mufflers). If I change to true duals using my Screaming Eagle mufflers, will I need to have it retuned?

Back