free website stats program True dual versus 2- 1 exhaust system | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

True dual versus 2- 1 exhaust system

I love the sound and looks of my RH TD's and am ok with whatever I am sacrificing in performance.

So much this! I'm 3 weeks or so into my 1st experience with RH TD's and I am absolutely in love. IMHO, the performance gains between the 2 would be negligible on a well tuned bike.

I put 2 into 1 Basani pipes on my 2009 Road Glide. I love the sound and the performance. The low end performance is better making the low speed handling better. Just my 2 cents.

Bob

Lot's of hype out there that's for sure. Basically a well made exhaust and one that works well do not typically come in the same package. So it becomes more about looks and sound for a lot of people.

I'll find out soon enough...

http://www.jackpotmufflers.com/stainless-headpipe.html
WAP.gif

I went with the D&D Fat Cats 2into1, I had the bike tune twice since i had them on. I love the sound and the Mid range is crazy now!! I love them!!!

I went with Cobra true duals(price better then Vance & Hines true duals & just as good quality with better warranty & better heat shields) & re-used my Vance & Hines big oval slip ons . Sounds amazing when you twist on it but not too loud just cruising . I know the 2-1 do have better over all performance but the looks of true duals with the big ovals is worth the small performance loss . Just looks naked on the (1)side & the rear with the 2-1 .

I'm running Bassani true duals and the look and sound are great. I've had no problems and would not hesitate buying them again. I'm not sure if I've given up any performance but then again it's not a drag bike.

Back