free website stats program True dual versus 2- 1 exhaust system | Harley Davidson Forums

True dual versus 2- 1 exhaust system

DCLARKE

I am not sure I understand all the complexities of the exhaust system but which system would lead to better performance with a tuner and AC? Looking to stay with Rinehart or Vance and Hines. Are there others I should be looking at?

Thank you!

It is said the 2-1 evacuated the exhaust better than true duals. If you haven't heard Cobra exhaust, check it out.

Actually, the later 2:1:2 systems are producing numbers equal to the top 2:1 systems. So the choice really moves away from performance to what one prefers in looks and sound.

Personally, I prefer the looks and sound of duals and am converting the RH TDs on my 107" '02 FLHT to the later under carriage exhaust system with a Fuelmoto X-pipe and their 4" Jackpot mufflers. I have to admit that I love the sound of the RHs and hope the new sound is as appealing but I will also admit that moving the heat from the rear exhaust head pipe running right under the seat is very appealing for a south Texas rider.

True duals would be the last choice for me even though I am currently running a set of RH TDs on one of my bikes. The later merge collector/x-pipe 2:1:2 systems had not been proven when I went the TD route. If you prefer the looks and sound of a 2:1 system, both RH and/or V&H have good offerings. However, if you want to retain the look and sound of duals, a set of V&H slipons like the Monster Ovals would wake things up, or you could take the next step and match those slipons up with the V&H Power Dual head pipe for better results.

Lot's of hype out there that's for sure. Basically a well made exhaust and one that works well do not typically come in the same package. So it becomes more about looks and sound for a lot of people.

I love the sound and looks of my RH TD's and am ok with whatever I am sacrificing in performance.

I love the sound and looks of my RH TD's and am ok with whatever I am sacrificing in performance.

Your bike sounds good and you are not hurting your performance any with that set up, it is WAY better than stock at scavenging:s

Your bike sounds good and you are not hurting your performance any with that set up, it is WAY better than stock at scavenging:s

Thanks Jack! New cams made it sound even a little better. Covers up my valve noise.......:(

it all boils down to whether you like one pipe or two I have had both.... going with the pro pipe on this one

Back