free website stats program True Dual Tip | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

True Dual Tip

Mr. Data, i have a question after reading this thread. i have an 06 road king. stock exhaust with vance & hines slip ons. i was thinking about getting the V & H dresser duals. now this would seem to then be a matched set. my question is will it reduce the heat off the rear jug on the leg?
thanks patrick

they are seperate pipes. another question. will it help with overheating in traffic. i hate it when the heat management system kicks in and shuts the bike down in atlanta rush hour traffic. i understand why it does it. just asking
thanks
patrick

It's not going to make a noted difference with overheating in traffic. The engine is still getting hot with no air flow.

What if I use the V&H true dual head pipes with pre-2007 mufflers which seem to have identical internals for left and right. Would this resolve the rear cylinder back pressure issue that you refer to on 2007's and up? In other words use pre-2007 stock mufflers on my 2008 Ultra with V&H true duals. Would this cause engine problems in getting the quiet sound I'm looking for while retaining the reduced right side heat benefit of the true duals?

Proper engine performance needs a bit of back pressure to achieve. By running what you mentioned your back pressure would be reduced by the TD and also the mufflers you mentioned.
The stock systems give you backpressure but the TD reduce it and the muffler choice further reduce it.

Results would be lower power from the engine and possible reversion from lack of back pressure.

It would run OK but not to it's fullest potential.

Proper engine performance needs a bit of back pressure to achieve. By running what you mentioned your back pressure would be reduced by the TD and also the mufflers you mentioned.
The stock systems give you backpressure but the TD reduce it and the muffler choice further reduce it.

Results would be lower power from the engine and possible reversion from lack of back pressure.

It would run OK but not to it's fullest potential.

Thanks for the helpful advise...D

Ok, installed the V & H true duals and also installed a fuel moto efi tuner set up for my 06 RK. high flow air filter, matching exhaust and mufflers, stage 1 download and 25 degree injectors. service and product were excellant. first time in years i have had no popping on decel and the power thru the gears is great. the efi tuner was dyno'ed for my set up and shipped it has the PCIII firmware. i am a happy person today..just an update.
patrick

Back