free website stats program True Dual Kits | Harley Davidson Forums

True Dual Kits

jlcoveny

Has anyone else had a problem with Torres Cycle Concepts of Riverside,Cal. ?

I ordered a true dual kit from them back in July '08 and have yet to receive it or my money back..I've called them several times and also e-mailed them----every time it was a different story..I now have the Attorney General of New York and California trying to get my money back...Now I realize that I should have just gone with the inexpensive Fullsac Kit..Live & Learn-----Learn & Live

Has anyone else had a problem with Torres Cycle Concepts of Riverside,Cal. ?

I ordered a true dual kit from them back in July '08 and have yet to receive it or my money back..I've called them several times and also e-mailed them----every time it was a different story..I now have the Attorney General of New York and California trying to get my money back...Now I realize that I should have just gone with the inexpensive Fullsac Kit..Live & Learn-----Learn & Live

Glad to see you went the AG route. The will resolve it for you no doubt. If you paid with a credit card there's always the option of a disputed charge if the card offers that service. That also works well to.

Glider is right,had the same thing happen with a pool liner,credit card company fought the seller and the money was refunded.

Credit card protection for the consumer is a strong defense against fraud. Think about how vulnerable a transaction on the Internet i.e. the "World-Wide-Web" is, even with 128 Bit encryption. Like trying to have a "private" conversation using a CB radio or wireless phone, you are only vulnerable as to the amount of coverage and who is listening in...period.

When dealing on the Internet, you buy sight unseen, pictures are an easy cut and paste...words and promises are just that, with Microsoft, Ebay, and PayPal all mighty big targets that every hacker and spammer from novice to pro are gunning. I use the Internet for information only, I buy locally, may pay slightly more, but I rely on an old fashion test and purchase by credit card at the POS (Point of Sale) to be sure.

Credit card protection for the consumer is a strong defense against fraud. Think about how vulnerable a transaction on the Internet i.e. the "World-Wide-Web" is, even with 128 Bit encryption. Like trying to have a "private" conversation using a CB radio or wireless phone, you are only vulnerable as to the amount of coverage and who is listening in...period.

When dealing on the Internet, you buy sight unseen, pictures are an easy cut and paste...words and promises are just that, with Microsoft, Ebay, and PayPal all mighty big targets that every hacker and spammer from novice to pro are gunning. I use the Internet for information only, I buy locally, may pay slightly more, but I rely on an old fashion test and purchase by credit card at the POS (Point of Sale) to be sure.

depending on were you are at buying local isnt possible.. while i prefer to buy local lots of time i cant get what i want and the place dont want to order it .. i get my best deals on my oils for the harley from a dirt bike shop .. the other shops dont want to stock the stuff i want just spectro but the dirt bike shop carrys it for the harley says a bunch of us buy from there

Bud, I agree that word of mouth from friends is good assurance, buying locally means as close to where you live as possible, to ensure convenience, keeping your local supplier in business and if referrels and comraderie happen often, will certainly entitle you to significant discounts and techncal/sales/service help, as well as better chance for honoring warranty or exchanges without a hastle.

Back