free website stats program True Dual Kit 2.0 | Harley Davidson Forums

True Dual Kit 2.0

Bud White

Retired Moderators
Ok last bit of Assembly done.. now when it warms up ill fire it up check for exhaust leaks and put the shields on

Here is the little bugger that caused the Delay

100_0186-1.jpg

Pic of the cylinder with Gasket out

100_0187-1.jpg

now gasket in

100_0191-1.jpg

Then the header pipe do not tighten at this time just put in place and finger tighten down the flange nuts

100_0195-1.jpg

Now to fix up the left side pipe .. if you look closely its out of round they really reef down when tighting this clamp .. the kit comes with another small pipe they call a mandrel but hey its a piece of pipe you hammer in to true up the pipe .. coat the mandrel in wd-40 goes in easier .

100_0197-1.jpg

Install the now trued up pipe Do not tighten down

100_0198-1.jpg

Now install the slip on

100_0200-1.jpg

Start tightening down your clamps tighten the trans mount clamp last after tighting this nut down

100_0163-1.jpg

That is the old pic the new one you need a swivel socket to tighten it down and ya can't really see it

Tighten this clamp last its the one that holds the stud that mounts to the trans

100_0201-1.jpg

And there is the True Dual Kit not hard to do if your interested in doing it .

Little bit harder when its around 15 degrees for the whole install

Hopefully it might help someone

lbconceptviii

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, Bud, you gotter done. No wonder you had a headache if you were in the garage working in cold weather. Of course, my boss had me working outside two weeks ago when it was -17. Heartless. But then again I'm outside working everyday so....

im used to working outside used to do it all the time i was in a tshirt working .. not sure what started headache was like somthing poked me in the eye came on sudden .. its done for now till i can get it warm enough to start

They are from the same place i got the pipe from.. Didnt know if i could say or post a link

yep they are replacements they tell you you can't run the stock Slip on's with the true duals. Just like it says in your tip posted above

Back