True Dual Exhaust - Power Comander

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by thomas123, Apr 1, 2010.

1. thomas123

thomas123 Member

I want to put on a true dual exhaust but am told I need a power comander first. Then I am told - they dont work with a 2000 Road Glide. Any one else have thought on this subject. or experience. Thanks

2. relxn88

relxn88 Member

Power Commanders work on 1999 and up. If your just putting true duals on and NOT putting a stage 1 A/C (or any free flowing air cleaner), than you probably don't need any tuner to offset the AFR. But, if you change pipes and A/C, than you probably should have something to help richen the AFR.

3. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

thomas123; if you're going w/true duals - it might be best to at least get a TFI so you have ability to fine tune the change in exhaust flow. Dual headers will affect the engine more than just replacing slip-on mufflers & you'll also be ready for the next performance UG (i.e. air). Dobeck Performance does make one for your bike & you can call them for info. Go to their website @ EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft & take a look.

4. Thorns

Thorns Active Member

+1 on what Iceman said. The TFI is the easiest fuel management to use for air cleaner and pipes upgrade.

Thorns

5. glenalt

glenalt Junior Member

If you're a Vet be sure to tell them and you'll same about 100 bucks.