free website stats program Truckers CB talk coming through radio | Harley Davidson Forums

Truckers CB talk coming through radio

class1991

Love my new 2012 ELECTRA GLIDE ULTRA LIMITED but when I am listening to the radio or even a cd it will switch to my CB and I can here trucker,cops farmers on there CB's for a little bet and then go back to what I am listen too. Any help would great.

Love my new 2012 ELECTRA GLIDE ULTRA LIMITED but when I am listening to the radio or even a cd it will switch to my CB and I can here trucker,cops farmers on there CB's for a little bet and then go back to what I am listen too. Any help would great.

Switch the CB off when you aren't using it. Push the "Com" button and the CB Menu will com up with the top button on the left being the CB On/Off selector. after you switch it off, hit the com button and it will put you back into normal radio mode.

If you aren't familiar with the HK Advanced Audio unit it can be a learning curve. For example, to turn up or down the volume for any mode, you must first select that mode, adjust the volume, and then exit out of that mode. Like if you are riding along, and your wife about takes your head off when she speaks on the intercom... you have to first (well...after you tell her to shut up a second so you can hear again) push the INT button on the faceplate, adjust the volume, then push INT again to return to the main mode. I've made the mistake of accidentally having it in INT mode and trying to turn the radio up using the volume switch on the handlebar. Before realizing what the problem was (and the Intercom volume was now maxed), you guessed it...my dear loving bride would ask from the back seat
"HONEY, WHAT'S THE MATTER?" about blowing my helmet clean off my head when she did so.

When I ride alone, (which is usually not the case) I have the CB turned off as well as the Intercom. I turn the intercom on only if the better half is occupying that back half. That way I don't have to listen to that annoying off key vocalist that comes blasting over the stereo in the middle of the best part of the song (me singing and the VOX kicking in).

The bottom button (NAV) is no longer used as they obsoleted the HK Navigation module that used to mount under the fairing on top of the head unit next to the CB module.

Oh yeah...and if you haven't discovered it yet, when you plug in your iPod or whatever into the aux-in jack (with the rubber plug in it) on the front faceplate (that is an INPUT only and is not for headphones), it will give you another MODE labeled AUX in the mode selections on the radio faceplate display. You have to have that mode selected to listen to the aux accessory. Be warned, if you have the volume control on the accessory plugged in to that port turned down, you will inevitably turn the volume up with the HK Audio main volume as I did with my iPod touch. But when the iPod touch fell off the bike one day and snatched the patch cord out of the jack, the aux channel went away, the unit switched back to the main radio, and being at near full volume, I again about had my helmet blown off while trying to grab for the falling iPod touch.

It's a really good radio though. Now if the Moco would just integrate bluetooth technology into the system on the 2013 bikes, thus eliminating that annoying curley-cord tying head to tank console and stll integrate all the features of the system. they would be golden! (It could be done with a simple module.)

J&M has a bluetooth dongle that you can add to the system (JBLU-BHDG08) for $599.99 but you also need the harness for the Ultra Classic (RABH-HRUC) for another 249.99 and the cordless bluetooth headsets for the helmets (HS-EBLU629EDR-UN) for $299.99 each, and then you can enjoy the complete functionality of the HK advanced audio system, and have bluetooth connectivity to make and receive hands free cell phone calls or listen to GPS routing directions without that pesky cord.

Also, maybe it's just me, I read my owners manual cover to cover within the 1st few days to ensure I'm familiar w/all functions, gadgets & vehicle operation. Sometimes you find nice little settings & features you wouldn't normally discover until many miles later...like annoying CB talk & how to shut-off...:s

Also, maybe it's just me, I read my owners manual cover to cover within the 1st few days to ensure I'm familiar w/all functions, gadgets & vehicle operation. Sometimes you find nice little settings & features you wouldn't normally discover until many miles later...like annoying CB talk & how to shut-off...:s

I read mine....and still don't know how to really work the dang thang...not easy to work coming from an 04....to many buttons...

That works too, but then we wouldn't have all the funny stories to tell like Jimharvey1 has.:D

Jim, that was one of the funniest, most informative posts I have ever read!:bigsmiley12: You may want to consider professionally writing instruction manuals. If they all read like that, I'd actually read em!! Nice work Bro!:bigsmiley12:

I guess he must've figured it out on his own cause he never came back. Either that or he's grown accustomed to "Break one-nine, got a northbound out there?" breaking in over the best part of
His favorite Justin Beiber song. :)

Back