free website stats program Truck-Lite LED 27270C | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Truck-Lite LED 27270C

With the Daymaker headlight,You will find that the upper most lighted area is a straight line and if You are driving in rural areas and make turns the angle of the beam does not light the road as You would expect.I almost wish that I could go back to halogen.:(

You're the first person I've heard from that wasn't very happy with the daymakers. But I know what you're saying about the straight line lighting. My new Challenger is the same way. On dark twisty roads, the lights project straight ahead, but if you're turning, its kinda dark on the sides until the lights point in that direction. I think its because the headlights are recessed into the grill further and the sides get blocked out.

Glazier my wife's 2011 200 Convertible was the same..
This is the reason for the strong opinion that I have. My theory has always been if you have done as much research as you possible can, both pro's and con's then you can make the best educated decision that is right for you. Not just follow the pack......:s

I can't speak to the fitment of the Phase 7 light on the 2014 models, but I can add my vote in favor of their performance. I probably would never have spent the money on one, but I received one for Father's Day a couple of years back. I can't imagine riding a bike without an LED headlamp now.

From what I have read here, most of you have a positive opinion of the Truck-Lite Phase 7 LED. I am certainly leaning towards purchasing it. Sounds like it will provide the lighting I need.

Thanks to all of you, as usual, for your input. It always helps and eventually always costs me money. LOL!

From what I have read here, most of you have a positive opinion of the Truck-Lite Phase 7 LED. I am certainly leaning towards purchasing it. Sounds like it will provide the lighting I need.

Thanks to all of you, as usual, for your input. It always helps and eventually always costs me money. LOL!

Hey, we love spending other people's money here. Much cheaper than spending our own :newsmile100:

Well, I got the Truck-Lite LED headlight, installed it with the Harley adapter cable. Very easy install. One annoying thing about this headlamp is it sticks out beyond the chrome bezel. Looks a bit unfinished. But...

Took the bike out in almost total darkness to see how it works and I was not impressed with the low beam light. The light seemed too scattered with a small "V" looking light spot out in front of the bike. Not sure what it is or why its there but I see it. It appears to be like an aiming dot. Maybe in total darkness the light will be better. Will try again.

On the other hand, the high beam light is outrageous. This really lights up the road. But I cannot ride around with the high beam on all the time. Anyway, it's a keeper because it must be better than stock and I am not looking for other solutions. Now awaiting delivery of my new headlight bezel and Harley front fork air deflectors. Money, money, money...

Back