free website stats program Trple A coverage stinks | Harley Davidson Forums

Trple A coverage stinks

zoood

Product Contributor
On our return trip back from the Smokey Mountains in NC.
I had reduced my tool pac down to a cell phone and a Triple A card.
On our return trip. 3 ft back from the trailer's tongue. The crumby weld I did. Broke while en-route on the highway. I managed to get to the shoulder. I called Triple A and they informed me that even though the trailer is attached to the trike. I would have to pay for the trailer to be transported ( by the mile). The trike they would cover. But not the trailer. Which is 200 lbs and pulled by the trike. I have the most expensive coverage with them and to find out that the trike's trailer is not covered. I'm reducing my membership and I'm bringing the attention of this to all of you out there that pull a trailer with your scoot or trike. By the Grace of God. A pick-up truck pulled over to assist us and it turned out to be my neighbor! With ratcheting tie-downs, bungy cords, two lug wrenches (as a splint) and good old duct tape. We managed to remedy a fix that allowed us to pull our trailer home safely. Don't take for granted that Triple A covers what you pull with your trike or bike. They don't and they will be written about their crumby policy!

zoood

Thanks for the warning. It behooves all of us to never assume anything. I'm sure trailer coverage is a separate policy with most any company, no matter what's pulling the trailer.

Bottom line is I'm glad you didn't get hurt or damage anything any worse.

Sounds like you could be part farmer improvising like that to get your trailer home.

zoood,

Glad you got everything taken care of.

I will agree with you on AAA coverage, after needing them several years back for my SUV, I was like about 1.1 miles over the 25 mile standaed towing, they whooped me with a biggie towing charge which I thought was somewhat unreasonable considering I had been a member for years and had never used the service before. So I dropped them like a hot potato and picked up Allstate, which is not only a lot cheaper but the coverage is better..or so they say. Only time will tell.

Sounds like a bit of ingenuity to get you home again but you got home and that's all the matters. :D

So I dropped them like a hot potato and picked up Allstate, which is not only a lot cheaper but the coverage is better..or so they say. Only time will tell.

Which plan are you referring to. Deluxe, Roadside Advantage or Roadside Security? Their plans allow a dollar amount for your tow rather than a fix amount of miles like the AAA plans. Your hands are against the wall with what that particular tow company charges PER MILE. Looks risky to me.

Which plan are you referring to. Deluxe, Roadside Advantage or Roadside Security? Their plans allow a dollar amount for your tow rather than a fix amount of miles like the AAA plans. Your hands are against the wall with what that particular tow company charges PER MILE. Looks risky to me.

Roadside advantage, just happened to have the policy right on my desk. Benefit limit is $100 or unlimited towing to their service provider.

That's what I wondered about. So if the tow company charges $4 a mile, you would get 25 miles to wherever you want to bring your car/bike?

I tried calling Allstate to ask but couldn't get a straight answer as to how much per mile they charge.It all depends on where you are/ and who is towing you.

Thanks for info.

Glad that it all worked out. Sounds like you made some more memories that were not in the original plan.

Post a picture of your trailer splint if you can. That sounds like a real roadside FIX!

I didnt really take the time to get a good picture of the temporary fix. It did look like a cocoon wrapped in duct tape. Actually the ugliest thing I ever did. But it worked. Kinda kept the cages away from me when they saw the fix. Looked like a possible accident waiting to happen. Besides, with tractor trailers whizzing by you at close quarters and sweat pouring down your brows. There was no time to make it pretty. But we made home safely and that's what counts!

zoood

Back