free website stats program Trouble with my new bars Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Trouble with my new bars Help

Nick Ultra

I have a 08 Ultra Classic that I installed new 16" bars on. Today was the first time I fired it up since November since I did some work. Upon a slightly rough start I noticed first off that I had no throttle (I was afraid of this since I used the old FBW), the Cruise Control light flashes yellow/green, and the check engine light is on. Not sure if only or all of these things are related. Blinkers work, start/stop works, horn works, stereo controls not connected.
I will admit I was like a little kid on Christmas morning when Harley called me to say they were in so I may have rushed the install of the wiring. Any thoughts. I am going to have to by a service book but I am sure this is probably not covered in that anyway. Thanks

'08 was the first year of TBW, and known to have a problem with the electrical connector(s). Some pins get pushed back and lose contact. Carefully check every wire. The piece in the handlebar end can also be the problem.

Ya I am thinking the TBW needs to be replaced but not sure if that would explain the Cruise control unit to be flashing. Thanks

Welcome from Wisconsin.Definitely recheck all wiring and switch housings for pinched wires.

Back