free website stats program Trouble with Diagnostic codes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Trouble with Diagnostic codes

B1121(TSM) Left Turn Output Fault
B1121(HFSM) Left Turn Output Open

So, I should remove the tank, go to the turn signal connection box on the right side and check all six wires to make sure they are properly inserted into the connector or is it something more detailed?

Also, any ideas why I might be getting the No Response from the ECM?

LVSpringer

It's obvious that there is a fault in that circuit, the only way to tell where it is would be to go through the entire circuit that has been apart during the customizing. Generally a fault can be traced back to the last place that was worked on.

Glider,

Thanks for everything - I guess what I'm interested in knowing is can the ECM show a fault from a fault in the handle bar switch connections under the tank? I did not, knowingly, mess with anything on the ECM except to unscrew it to remove the rear fender. I just need to know where to concentrate my efforts :s

LVSpringer
Las Vegas, NV

Glider,

I went back in and removed the tank and took apart the handlebar switch connectors. It seems the HD store sold me the wrong size connector so the pins were not locking into the connector. I replaced the pins with the correct ones, double checked the match up between wire colors and re-connected them. Still no joy on the diagnostics and I am still getting the No Response on the P (ECM) but my code has gone away in the S module. So, no problems except the one issue with the ECM.

Can a shop run a diagnostic of the ECM unit to see if it is good or bad?

Do you have any other ideas of where this fault could be? I think, perhaps, my next move will be to remove the handlebar switch housing and check for shorts or ground issues but I'm just guessing. I was pretty careful with them but they are easy to mangle.

Thanks!

LVSpringer
Las Vegas

Hello,

I have a 2006 FLSTSC-and had been having problems getting a "no resp" code from my ECM. I replaced the handlebar control wire and am now getting a clear code for the ECM but am still getting a fault code for the turn signals. The diagnostics show the following.

P (Electronic Ignition) None (finally - bike will now crank)
S (Turn Signal Security Monitor) Code b1121/b1122 and then the word "END"
SP (Speedometer) b1004 (but the tank is off and there is no fuel)
T (Tachometer) No Response

My right front signal is working but not the left and neither of my rear signals are working. I believe that the b1121/1122 have to do with the turn signals and indicate a fault.

Could a short or poor connection in one or both of the rear signals produce this code or is it just for the front signals?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Leo
LVSpringer

Well for the past several months the security light has been on and this morning I pulled the codes and and noted "b1121" which is the left turn output fault. This is the issue... When I purchased a complete set of bew Kurakyn LED lights during the installation of the rear left side would not work I consulted the help line they told me that Kurakyn requires a certain polarity and they suggested I switch the wires I did and voila it worked great. However, it has created another problem with the security light. Any suggestions?

p.s I also cleared the code and restarted the bike same code came up.

Back