free website stats program trouble starting | Harley Davidson Forums

trouble starting

sleenc

so i parked in the garage after a long, in-town riding day. the next day i tried to start the bike and nothing happened when i hit the button. check fuses, battery, and relays. all good. rolled down the driveway to jump start but ran out of slope but it acted like it wanted to start. HELP

Welcome to the forum, Have you checked that the battery has a good ground and cleaned the terminals? Do you have security on the bike?

sleenc, like Chopper says welcome to the forum. Give us a little more info. and some time and with the help of the members here we should have you fixed up in no time.

Have you owned this bike for awhile or is it new to you? When you try to start the bike what exactly happens when you hit the start button? Do you have lights, horn, power etc.? Does it turn over and not start or not turn over at all? What method did you use to check the battery, fuses and relays? Any new modifications or accessories installed?

The more info you can supply the easier it will be for us to help. Glad to have you aboard!

well thanks for the welcome> I have owned the bike from the showroom floor pickup. Love the bike
here is where i am at so far.
all lights and horn are working
installed new relays
battery is good> had it tested at auto parts store.
visually checked the fuses
there is a security system on the bike and it seems to be working
when i hit the go button nothing happens> no click, no nothing
my run button does as normal and i bypassed the start button to rule that out.

Question about the security system, are you SURE the battery in the FOB is good and that the system is deactivating when you use it?

as far as the security system goes, i put the fob in the house and then moved the bike and the lights flashed so i assume its functioning right

no i did not. but i will

fob was not working so i put in a new battery but still nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
Back