free website stats program trouble shooting bad vibration!!!!! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

trouble shooting bad vibration!!!!!

Well re-reading my earlier post, probably would have been best to keep my mouth shut as not sure that came out quite the way I was intending. That post was in no way intended against HD owners/riders, but more my amazement with some of the build issues that I've been reading about, and what folks have to go through in getting these issues addressed by the HD dealerships. Leaves me thinking HD MOCO and the HD dealers really come up short in taking care of their customers in some of these instances.

And to Steve's point, I probably should have kept quiet as I've had 3 bikes over the last 30yrs, this Ultra being my 3rd - so it may very well be the same game with other bike manufacturers and customer service. 3 bikes in 30yrs definitely not a good platform to preach from.

And let me give a thanks to the people on here that share their knowledge and experience. This forum reminds me a lot of the metric forum where those old-timers were long time wrenchers - knew those bikes and were always willing to help others. It was pretty cool there and looks to be pretty cool over here too - so thanks on that.

If I raised any hackles for anyone on that earlier post....I take it back!....Sorry! Man, how many times have I said that over the years lol - I'm done -
I sure dont see a problem here, its our forum to air our opinions and pass on info and learn from fellow riders , you could not have picked a better site do be a proud member of, I am glad you all put up with me Caps and all, and I get off on a tangent some times too, Capital Jack

Well re-reading my earlier post, probably would have been best to keep my mouth shut as not sure that came out quite the way I was intending. -

Your Fine. No need to retract anything. In a lot of way what has been said for the last 3 pages is all true. I love my bike and would not trade it for two metric goldwings.. It's because I love the Sound,, the feel of the bike, the History of it and the people who buy them. It is just a Great feeling to ride one.

But I will tell you there are several Great aspects of how the bike was put together and there are some aspects that certainly could use improvements.
I just can not believe that HD does not True & Tig the crank pin from the Factory. The "96" crank is bulletProof once you do that. It shores up the crank to the point that worry is gone forever. For an extra few bucks it would eliminate a bunch of problems.

It's just too bad it takes so much labor to perform that one simple fix that costs $120 if the crank is in your hands.. Splitting the case is no picnic. It's so easy to do at the assembly level but so hard after the bike is completely made.

I would have GLADLY paid $120 more for the bike for it to have a welded crank..
And that is our cost. At the HD plant level cost I would bet no more than $30 apiece. That is a FOUNDATION problem. That's like not paying $150 extra when they build your house to compact the soil before you pour the cement for the foundation. You can't fix a problem like that very easily after the house is made.

If that is all it costs to bullet-proof these 96 cranks then shame on HD for not doing it.
wilks3

WE ALL know that would be Hard for HD to do.....

Salesman asking ""Do You Want One with a GOOD aligned, welded crank OR take your chances with a Maybe out of balance and Un-aligned one???????

I'm with you here,,,,,, I"D PAY THE EXTRA!!!!

signed....BUBBIE

Back