free website stats program Trouble getting odometer to switch to the trip meter | Harley Davidson Forums

Trouble getting odometer to switch to the trip meter

lnagele

2008 Heritage: When I switch the ignition on, all the lights on the speedometer will light up and the speedometer needle will go from 0 to 120 and back to zero. After this happens I cannot switch from the odometer function to the trip meter, clock, or range functions. If I travel 5 to 10 miles the odometer functions return. I have read about the speed sensor causing trouble with the speedometer and odometer not reading correctly along with the turn signals not working properly. The speedometer and odometer are reading correctly and the turn signals are working fine. Anyone run across this problem?

i think you will find there is a problem with the trip reset switch, the switch is active when you turn the ignition on and the speedo is goin into diagnostic mode, seen it a couple of times on other models. remove the dash and solder in a new switch, its quick n easy.

My 08 Ultra did this usually after I washed it. If you still have warr. take it to the dealer they replaced my trip switch for no $. Problem fixed hasn't happened again.

I'd have the dealer warranty/fix the problem. Take advantage of your warranty whenever you can. I had a different prob w/ my speedo and just had it swapped out last weekend. good luck.

Back