free website stats program Trouble code question | Harley Davidson Forums

Trouble code question

02EGlide

Check engine light came on after the bike was started a week or so ago. Then I had trouble getting it started, but it started and I was able to pull it into the garage. I let it sit for about a week and went to start it today and it wouldn't start. I pulled the plugs and grounded them and I had no spark. Then I thought maybe the battery wasn't charged enough so I charged it for about an hour and it started up with the check engine light coming on briefly then going out. I decided to check the trouble codes and came up with 33 and then 24 and 25 which are combustion irregularities I attribute the 24 and 25 to having the plugs out and turning over is about the engine. The 33 code is about the system relay. Will a low battery cause these issues? Oh I forgot, its a 2002 flhtci.:bigsmiley15:

A low battery below 9 volts will keep the engine from starting. You may have substantially more when you test the battery but when you hit the start button, the voltage drops and the ECM will not fire the plugs. Check your charging system and battery condition or use a battery tender when the bike isn't being used for periods of time.

Battery Tender For Storage - Harley Davidson Community

I have the tender on now and I'll check it later tonight to see if the check engine light still comes on. I tested the battery before I put the charger on and had 12.26 volts

I would suggest a LOAD test to ascertain the true condition of the battery especially if it is more than a few years old.

I have to say, this site is great. I found the way to read the codes, which worked perfectly, once I found my glasses! and found the codes. posted this question sitting here in the garage on my laptop and BINGO, had an answer from Glider in a matter of minutes...Thanks for being there Glider!

Back