free website stats program trouble code P1511 | Harley Davidson Forums

trouble code P1511

mcbur1

On my 2008 electra glide I have a trouble code of P1511. Did not have any other codes. I know the code has something to do with the throttle control actuator, and it put me in the limp home mode. After a few starts I got the bike to run better and made it home. Would a bad twist grip sensor trigger the throttle actuator to give me the code P1511. I have checked for any loose or dirty wires and all seemed good.

Would a bad twist grip sensor trigger the throttle actuator to give me the code P1511.

Probably not. The twist grip has two pots which are "summed" to output a constant DC voltage of 5.

The induction power management unit also has two pots that does the same thing. Your code is saying the summing voltage off the two pots mounted on the power unit (motor drive for the throttle body) is probably not remaining constant, which means the pots are not staying in sync.

To really check it yourself you will need an ECM breakout box and scope. But to answer your question, I don't think your code has anything to do with the grip. The grip has it's own code.
It's too bad but that power unit is sold as a complete assembly.

did not change or touch anything. did check for loose or pinched wires. found nothing. bike stays in garage and is covered. never saw rain yet and doesn't see much water. will still keep looking.

Tbs-#tt418-1

I posted a thread about the trouble I been having with my 2008 electra glide classic with trouble codes 1511,2135. I've read other threads and found out their having trouble with the ECM, TCA pins on the connectors. Does anyone know if I can purchase these connector replacement pins from the dealer? Seems like me codes are from the TCA pin connectors.

Re: Tbs-#tt418-1

I have a 08 Ultra, had this issue also. Now every 5k service I pull the plug, clean both male and female ends with contact cleaner then coat the pins with electrical grease and plug it back in. Haven't had a problem since. (just completed the 45k service)

This is pretty much old news but the cleaner and dielectric greases pretty much solves the problem. Talk to you dealer and have them do the pin replacement, the dealer should do it for free because a service bulletin was issued, also the dealer has the correct tools to do the job and if you have any issues with the repair you can take it back to the dealer.

I have merged the two threads together as one. All the information pertaining to the problem will be in one spot instead of multiple spots.

Back