free website stats program Trock lapping tool | Harley Davidson Forums

Trock lapping tool

mrjoe2u

Has someone used the Trock lapping tool and are you satisfied with the result? It should solve the problem with the leaking base cylinder gaskets of older Evo's?

Right??

thank's

hein

Limburg
Netherlands

Has someone used the Trock lapping tool and are you satisfied with the result? It should solve the problem with the leaking base cylinder gaskets of older Evo's?

Right??

thank's

hein

Limburg
Netherlands

You may want to check or replace the cylinder studs and check the cases for hair line cracks:s

The last time I took off the cylinders and changed the gaskets I used James gaskets, this is appr. some 20000 miles ago, but now it seems tha tthe gaskets are starting to leak again.

Letting that ride warm fully before jumping on and taking off will go a long way in helping your problem too.

it is very hard to find the trock tool nowadays, I thought my base gaskets were leaking again and tried to find one and couldn't it was back ordered, fortunately for me it was a pushrod oring leaking not the base gaskets, I just cleaned it all up and put it back together and so far no leak.

last year when I did my base gaskets I bought some flat ceramic tile, cut a hole and used lapping compound to work the surfaces as flat as I could get them, I guess it really did work....

I got a lot of great info here...

taking apart my evo dyna for base gaskets - Harley Davidson Community

Back