Trip to Smokey Mountains

Discussion in 'Road Trips/Touring' started by patrick33, Apr 15, 2012.

1. patrick33

patrick33 Member

Here's a couple of pics from our trip to the smokey mountains. We had great weather. Hope to go back in September.:bigsmiley11:

Attached Files:

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

:s Nice pics thanks for sharing

3. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Thanks for sharing. Glad you had good weather, the Smokies are some of the most beautiful areas in the U.S.

4. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Thanks for sharing.I really like the Smokey mountains.My favourite area is the pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg section.

5. chrome pony

chrome pony Member

Leaving next month from PA to ride down thru VA on Skyline Drive then on to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Looking to ride the Dragon for the first time. Any suggestions as to other runs?

Thanks in advance,

Chrome Pony

6. patrick33

patrick33 Member

We have been to the Dragon. Will go back again in September. Only about 60 miles from Cherokee. We also went through Cades Cove Tennessee. Very nice area, but traffic is very slow in the park. Had to stop several times to keep bike cool.

7. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I like the Cherohala Skyway better than the Dragon. Longer, more scenic, more relaxing, and a great little coffee/sandwich shop in Tellico Plains at the west end.

Cherohala Skyway, mile high legend from Robbinsville NC to Tellico Plains TN

Tellico Grains Bakery of Tellico Plains Tennessee

8. patrick33

patrick33 Member

Thanks Dr.Dolittle. On my to do list. A few more pics for you all to enjoy.

Attached Files:

9. rsbourff

rsbourff Member

I agree with Dr. Dolittle about Cherohala Skyway. I'm from Knoxville and rode the Dragon once and came back on the skyway and enjoyed it alot better then the Dragon. Make sure you have your camera with you because the scenery is wonderful. Its almost a mile high at the top so make sure you bring your jacket. alot of pull offs to take pics and enjoy the peace and quite.

10. Trek

Trek Junior Member

Thanks for the pics Patrick. My family and I were in Gatlinburg for the first time last year on vacation and fell in love with Smokey Mountains. Unfortunately not on the bike. I'm looking forward to when we can get back on the bike.