free website stats program Trip to Daytona | Harley Davidson Forums

Trip to Daytona

gpopvet

My Son and I are heading to Daytona Beach Tues 12/14/10 and are parking the truck and trailer and getting on the bikes we were going to try and head for the Keys any suggestions US1 or I95 we have 3-4 days of riding, any help would be appreciated.

My Son and I are heading to Daytona Beach Tues 12/14/10 and are parking the truck and trailer and getting on the bikes we were going to try and head for the Keys any suggestions US1 or I95 we have 3-4 days of riding, any help would be appreciated.

95 if u want to make time, take the turnpike before Miami, Miami is a night mare with a lot of stop lights, The turn pike dumps u back @ Florida city then straight in to The Keys, US 1 is scenic but slow IMO

I agree with Jack's post. Other options are US1 Daytona South to Oak Hill, and take SR 3 through the Space Center National Wildlife center (if there's no launch pending), then A1A (congested, but beachy) South to Melbourne, then West on 92 @ Melbourne and then South on 441 (no towns or traffic) to Lake Okeechobee. Circle the lake either side, then 27 south to the Turnpike or Sawgrass Pky. Getting away from the coast will show you a more rural Florida.
On the way back, US1 into Coral Gables then to A1A is worth a few hours. South Beach and all that stuff. I did it ONCE.
If you don't already have a place to park your truck & trailer, I'd suggest trying a business with a fenced yard on Nova Rd. which is west of US1. Some will let you park for a fee.

Last edited:
Seems like folks got you covered with some ideas. One idea is check with Daytona 200 MC. They might let you park the truck/trailer on-site. Not sure at all, but throwing out an idea.

Daytona 200 Motorcycle Club

All I can say is watch out on the roads right now. Many older drivers during the winter makes riding alittle more exciting in FL

Has anyone heard of Simply Self Storage they have a covered 12 x 53 spot 46.00 for the week sounds too good to be true.

I just Googled Simply self storage. With that many locations, it must be legitimate. Their security rating is another thing.

Back