free website stats program Trip reset for mileage | Harley Davidson Forums

Trip reset for mileage

Summerbum1

Hello to everyone, I have owned 4 Harley touring bikes over the years, and just picked up a 2014 Ultra. After first week of owning bike, trip reset switch stopped working. I can not change anything on the speedo and it is stuck on trip 2 setting. Dealer says no parts for the bike until end of August, I called Harley and they also confirmed this. They will not pull a switch from production for me. Has anybody experienced this problem? Really upset that Harley will not step up and do what is right for long time customer.

Welcome to The Forum, I am sorry to hear this. I had a similar problem waiting on sheet metal one time, took 16 weeks

Unfortunately with keeping stock levels at a production rate and being something brand new there can be a delay in "aftermarket" replacement parts.
I would be frustrated also. I am surprised that the local Harley rep can not pull some strings and have a part pulled from production. Maybe Harley has something in the works to correct problem like a voluntary recall or service bulletin update. Have you tried to disconnect the battery and reconnect and see what happens????:(

Sounds like you've checked it pretty good already, but just in case, my Ultra Classic reset acts up from time to time also. I've found that if I press reset all the way in and hold it longer than usual it works! Just a thought! Fingers crossed!

Have they really changed the reset switch for the 14s? I'd figure they used the same switch for many years production.

Back