free website stats program trip input | Harley Davidson Forums

trip input

walleye

Contributor
We are planning an annual trip. We will all meet in Hays Kansas as it is the most logical point for all in our group to meet as we come from different areas. We are going to yellowstone as a starting point. My problem is not getting there, but would like to know the high points. Our tenative plan is to go to west yellowstone via Denver. I want to continue to Bozeman MT via the Galitan Highway as I was on it years ago and loved it. Then drop down to Redlodge and on the the Black Hills in S Dak. My problem is I do not know the area well. I want to hit the obvios spots along the way. We have did Colorado Million Dollar highway so we will not drop down to Durango. Plan is From Denver to yelowstone to Bozeman to redlodge to black hills. Any advice on this route on what not to miss? From S Dak to Kansas is painful no matter what! :( Thanks all.

Don't miss the Beartooth Mountains in Montana. Gotta be one of my highlights travelling from CA to SD.

If you get an annual Park Pass ($80.00 I think) you can stay in the National Parks if your camping. Well worth the cost. Yellowstone, Bryce, Zion, Grand Canyon, etc....

You can mess around with the ride planner on the HD website and get some more ideas.

So the way I understand your trip (Colorado portion) is either you're coming up (North) from Colorado or going down (South) from somewhere else into Colorado? Either way you'll be taking I-25 right? I would stop and hit some of the breweries. We brew more beer per capita than anywhere else in the US. Now, I'm not saying get smashed and ride your skoot, but brewery tours usually only have a 3-4 "mini" beer max....for free. They also have great restaurants around to stop and get the dust out of your eyes. All the brewery tours are free. Coors (though not my favorite beer) has the best tour, and the best surrounding area (Golden). Colorado is very biker friendly, great rides and mountain ranges. Go into Evergreen. There are amazing strips of biker bars with live music and great mountain weather. Topgun Harley (Denver) has live music on the weekends and a little bar/bus that serves food. Also, for $49 they will buy you a beer, a burger, change your oil, and detail your skoot for you. Pretty good deal. Also, every Wed. is bike night, over 500 bikes come out. Good times. I could keep this post going on for another 100 words so I'll just stop now :) I love Colorado.

if you hit Yellowstone, you might want to spend a night in Jackson, it is a pretty neat town. You'll love the Million Dollar Cowboy bar, they have saddles for barstools and it is a pretty interesting place.

Back