free website stats program Trike tie downs. Where R they? | Harley Davidson Forums

Trike tie downs. Where R they?

behavin

I want to trailer my 2015 Tri Glide across country in a few months. I don't know where you would tie down the front end. Harley does make an accessory tie down but it does not fit Trikes. Any suggestions anyone?

Suggestion. Trikes don't tip, so I would get some soft tie's and put two on the front with tie down straps pulling forward, and two on the rear pulling back. Set the parking brake, and put a bungee around the front lever.

Suggestion. Trikes don't tip, so I would get some soft tie's and put two on the front with tie down straps pulling forward, and two on the rear pulling back. Set the parking brake, and put a bungee around the front lever.

And put the trike in gear

Brian

If you have engine guard soft ties there will work in the front

As Jack said if you have the engine guard. If not, below where the forks attach to the wheel, pulling tension towards the front. A front wheel chock will come in handy as well.

I too like the idea of a chock. Even tho it sets up right once you pull it into the chock it will lock in place and keep it from rolling. Then follow the above posts for tieing it down.

I would not put it in gear. If the roads get very rough, and the trike moves a bit back and forth, it will beat up the drive train (IMO).

I want to trailer my 2015 Tri Glide across country in a few months. I don't know where you would tie down the front end. Harley does make an accessory tie down but it does not fit Trikes. Any suggestions anyone?

they don't come with tie downs, you suppose to ride them. lol just kidding, put a couple on the front, maybe on the engine guard, then put one or 2 on the back. put your tied downs in an X pattern with the bike the center of the X. since the bike will not fall over just snug them up so it doesn't move around. any good frame member in ok for tie down.

I agree with the others except I wouldn't tie down from the engine guard. I have seen too many of them tweaked from using as a tie down point. They are pretty flimsy. There is a crossmember halfway down the front frame. Run your straps around the frame tube just above that crossmember. This is the sturdiest part of the frame.

Back