free website stats program Trike Heat | Harley Davidson Forums

Trike Heat

zoood

Product Contributor
I went for a long ride and it was 98 degrees out yesterday. I noticed on my 93 EGC trike. right above the starter. There's an opening in the frame. Allot of hot air from the engine enters that and heats the heck out of my seat. I just rerouted the wires for the battery and am in the process of making a plate to block that opening. I also noticed yesterday. With a trike body. The heat that flows off the engine, hits the body just behind where the passengers feet are. It doesnt get trapped there, but is extremely concentrated in that area while it rises and then the back draft brings it forward. Then it continuously adds to the heat again. Be great for winter riding. Im now planning out scoops that will take this heat down and out under the body. When I'm done I think the scoops will look like jet intakes like on a Navy A-7
LOL

zoood

Make the vents so you can open and close them...great for the passenger to have a little "heater" in cold weather, give those Gold Wingers a one up on passenger ameneties... :D

I have used the right exhaust heatshield on my sporty as a handwarmer...though I have never thought of snow biking like Smitty. :p

When I perfect them. They'll look harley or even military issued. lol
Back in the day,... my only mode of transportation was the motorcycle. Even scrambled in the snow. Till I discovered black ice! And also riding through snow drifts. Doesnt mean it's all snow. Tree stumps hide under those things as well!

Make the vents so you can open and close them...great for the passenger to have a little "heater" in cold weather, give those Gold Wingers a one up on passenger ameneties... :D

I have used the right exhaust heatshield on my sporty as a handwarmer...though I have never thought of snow biking like Smitty. :p

Almost finished with the prototypes. Have to admit,... they look pretty darn good too.

Glider,... I havent forgotten. We'll do business soon. I have to finish working on the banner.

Well,... I made a set for the trike. Took it for a ride and no more swamp butt!
No more heat coming up and cooking us.
The real test will be on the 4th.

Here's a picture of what they look like. I will be making a newer set. These pictured are just for testing. Though it's pictured only of the left side. The new deflectors are on both sides of the trike.

RJ

5056_1105958686629_1156624144_30295989_3388137_n.jpg

They funnel the heat off the engine back through and under the body while moving and the beginning of these deflectors are the original heat deflector shape for while standing in traffic.

Back