free website stats program Triglide rear lift | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Triglide rear lift

Some pictures of mine. Brackets were being test fitted and were painted blue.
Rails for tour box fit between mounting brackets above trunk and bottom of tour box.
Dennis
Aside from looking good does the lift kit add stability or better control. Now with my new lift I can do this.

Aside from looking good does the lift kit add stability or better control. Now with my new lift I can do this.

I feel that front end gets a little load from rear lift. Steering responds better, more bite without a heaver input from rider.
And yes it looks allot better, worth allot to me. Other TG owners will look at it and wonder what looks different.
Dennis

Very nice! Did the mods help with handling? The rails for the tourpak were need needed to level it when you installed the brackets, is that correct?

The Tour Box with bike stock sits very low in rear (whole bike does) When we did the lift of 1.5 inch, all sat pretty level. After more testing at 1 and 1.25 inch shock lift, found the 1.25 inch lift was all positive, handling and looks. But Tour box still looked low in rear. Found a 7/16 lift to rear made it also level. Did the additional drilled and tapped holes for relocating back a bit.
Dennis

I feel that front end gets a little load from rear lift. Steering responds better, more bite without a heaver input from rider.
And yes it looks allot better, worth allot to me. Other TG owners will look at it and wonder what looks different.
Dennis
Thanks Dennis. I'll put it on the Winter-mod List.

Very nice! Did the mods help with handling? The rails for the tourpak were need needed to level it when you installed the brackets, is that correct?

Definitely improved the handling [11 Tri] Not that there was anything wrong with the handling to begin with. What it did was lighten the steering quite a bit. I didn't get the rails, Personal opinion here [only] i didn't think the rails were necessary. I would have gotten them [lift] just for the looks, and to stop scraping the tail pipes on curbs.

I installed the lift kit on my 2011TG last Thursday. The fact that I can leave the house out my driveway with out scraping the tailpipe is worth the time and money spent in my shop. I did not get the rails but I will be soon.

I put the lift brackets and the rails on today. I am so happy that I found your post Dennis. I was about to spend $1400 to rake the front end to make it steer easier. The lift brackets has eased the steering to where it is comfortable to me and I can go in and out my driveway without scraping my mufflers. Well worth the money spent. :D
Clifford Reph

I put the lift brackets and the rails on today. I am so happy that I found your post Dennis. I was about to spend $1400 to rake the front end to make it steer easier. The lift brackets has eased the steering to where it is comfortable to me and I can go in and out my driveway without scraping my mufflers. Well worth the money spent. :D
Clifford Reph

Glad they worked out for you, Thanks, Dennis

Installed lift kit on mine early summer makes a big difference. Also did the tour pack lift and back.

Sprinkman, I also have a 2009 Triglide. Although I have experimented with the air pressure I have not been able to obtain a very comfortable ride for the Wife. Been looking for something that can level the trike out and at the same time improve the ride. Any insight from you would be appreciated. New to the site so bear with me while I learn to navigate around. Hope I do a better job here than I do getting lost in my many rides, thus the nick name u-turn.

Back