free website stats program TriGlide -- Comments anyone? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

TriGlide -- Comments anyone?

I purchased the 09 Triglide in July08 when they first debuted. The wife and I had been looking both 2wheel, conversions and kits. We took delivery in December and seems like I haven't been off it since. Although I have been off for a month for a foot injury.

My experience was limited to 20+ years ago on the 2wheeled. The trike seemed to be the best option for stability and comfort (back and wieght issues). I find that the handling (twisties) is a bit different but I can hold my own with the 2wheeled. Sensibility is that you cant do 100mph through the corners but usually can take them at posted speeds. Im about the journey and prefer to be in one piece.

Unfortunately, its seen the horror of a collision when I cage pulled out in front of me. Luckily for the bike and myself, it was minor and remained in control of the bike because of the stability...

Just do it... you wont regret it,,,

Love, Peace & Joy
Darrin & Kim May

2009 FLHTCUTG Tri-Glide
"Its not were your feet hit the road rather how much rubber you can lay!"

I have had my dealer replace the seal for my trunk and it still leakes. They adjusted the latch and it still leaks. They say that Harley has a new seal and will order it now. Is this a poor designe or what. Will harley ever get it fixed?

I'll let you know, I get mine back... I was told that the 2010 seal corrected the issues...

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought a new Tri-Glide this spring promised the wife if Harley ever made one we would get one, Lived up to the promise. Scary at first we had not rode in years because of bad back and numb leg. Now I would ride anywhere also had the typical problems with trunk leaking if you are making Harley fix it make sure they use the new sill that is on Street glide conversion. I did mine with it no more leaks. Also in the new 2010 acc. book they have the fender gaurds a little priceeeee buy its from Harley.

Took delivery of a 2010 Street Glide in Nov. Live in NY so only got to ride it a few times locally because all I have is a permit but I love it. Never rode before a year ago, fell and busted some ribs so the trike was a given for me especially being 66. Haven't washed it, only waxed it so I don't know if the trunk leaks but since it's a '10 it should have the fix. Since it's 20 degrees here the best I can do is start in the garage with the door open and love the sound and the feel until Spring. Wouldn't hesitate to buy it again if I had to. It's great.

Congratulations on your fine ride...and welcome to the HDTimeline Forum...plenty of good stuff if you click on the tabs near the top of the page. SEARCH tab just type in keywords regarding your topic(s) of interest to find threads on virtually any subject or the SELF HELP tab if you are interested in details concerning service or maintenance you may want to have done by your dealer, knowing knowledge is power. Cheers!:cheers

Back