free website stats program TriGlide -- Comments anyone? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

TriGlide -- Comments anyone?

I'm glad there are some good dealers out there.but the stealers like this sure make you wary wherever you go

Actually the stealers are crooked dealers that make false warranty claims to keep customers happy so they will return to them.
If you modify an engine from stock and have an issue with your radio or CB, yes it is covered by the warranty.
If your piston burns a hole on the crown from the modification from excessive spark advance, no it's not covered.
People think that large corporations have unlimited money.
HD is down sizing and laying off over 1500 people due to the economy, maybe more.
If your mechanic has an engineering degree and can make it better without sacrificing the integrity of the component, then by all means do it.
Just make sure he has data and a pilot run that his modifications are true to the fact.
Just remember a warranty is of the stock factory vehicle. If you modify it and that modification possibly had an impact on the failed component then it wont be covered.

Actually the stealers are crooked dealers that make false warranty claims to keep customers happy so they will return to them.
If you modify an engine from stock and have an issue with your radio or CB, yes it is covered by the warranty.
If your piston burns a hole on the crown from the modification from excessive spark advance, no it's not covered.
HD is down sizing and laying off over 1500 people due to the economy, maybe more.
If your mechanic has an engineering degree and can make it better without sacrificing the integrity of the component, then by all means do it.
Just make sure he has data and a pilot run that his modifications are true to the fact.
Just remember a warranty is of the stock factory vehicle. If you modify it and that modification possibly had an impact on the failed component then it wont be covered.

You can put a set of pipes,an air cleaner and a T.F.I. on a bike and if something goes wrong a dealer will tell you it is not covered because you made non-stock upgrades,but that same dealer will gladly install these parts with a screamin eagle race tuner and if something blows up they will cover that,WHERE IS THIS RIGHT!

It's been a couple of months now. Aren't you due for a new bike?

That is the best explantion I have reviced yet. Thank you that helps. By the way I do like and trust my dealer.

rbrian, the reverse motor is not a starter motor. It is designed to be a reverse motor and at $1000.00 retail is more durable. There is a new trunk seal and lock for water leaking into the trunk. Did you try to adjust the door strikers to make it tighter? Maybe try that. If that still does not work go to your dealer and submit a warranty to get the new door seal. Not sure if the new lock is part of the warranty also.

I have done both and still leaks like a sive.... My dealer is researching the issue and will hopefully have a fix soon.

One other issue that I have found is the horn for the siren can not be installed.. According to the dealer is a programing issue with the normal tilt sensors. It can be installed but can only be set in a certain way which as described is a pain in the butt....

The best way to make sure the door is sealing is the following.
Start by taking the door strikers to 1.5" from the door. Measure from the top of the striker to the door. Close the door and make sure both sides are latched by pulling on the license plate light assembly on each side. Look to see if the door is pulling away from the body. It should not move at all.
When you close the door you want to hear air rushing out. If you hear air coming out it is tight. If the door is not latching, pull the latch mechanism that the strikers go into toward you. Grab the side that is not latching and pull it.
Try the door again. The door will seal but may take some time adjusting the strikers and each striker may not be the same distance from the door when done.

The best way to make sure the door is sealing is the following.
Start by taking the door strikers to 1.5" from the door. Measure from the top of the striker to the door. Close the door and make sure both sides are latched by pulling on the license plate light assembly on each side. Look to see if the door is pulling away from the body. It should not move at all.
When you close the door you want to hear air rushing out. If you hear air coming out it is tight. If the door is not latching, pull the latch mechanism that the strikers go into toward you. Grab the side that is not latching and pull it.
Try the door again. The door will seal but may take some time adjusting the strikers and each striker may not be the same distance from the door when done.

This will work quite well for sealing the top of the door, but a similar adjustment is perhaps required to the hinge mounting position on the floor of the trunk. Otherwise, will not water enter at the top behind the door but external to the compressed rubber gasket, run down the sides, and seep into the trunk near the bottom where the gasket is not as completely compressed?

I have had my dealer replace the seal for my trunk and it still leakes. They adjusted the latch and it still leaks. They say that Harley has a new seal and will order it now. Is this a poor designe or what. Will harley ever get it fixed?

Back