free website stats program Triangle button | Harley Davidson Forums

Triangle button

Harttoo

Accidently bumped the triangle button on My new bike,While starting.Bike started and I noticed 4-way flashers flashing.So I pushed both turn signal buttons at once,several times,only to find them still flashing.Had to break out the owner's manual to find that They have a separate button for 4-way flashers.Who knew?And what group of bikers were asking to have a separate button for 4-way flashers?Sorry,just venting,felt pretty dumb not knowing how to turn them off!!

As soon as I saw the title of the thread I said 4 way flashers.... Have you seen the button in newer cars. Motorcycles are becoming a computer on 2 wheels instead of 4 now a days...

Accidently bumped the triangle button on My new bike,While starting.Bike started and I noticed 4-way flashers flashing.So I pushed both turn signal buttons at once,several times,only to find them still flashing.Had to break out the owner's manual to find that They have a separate button for 4-way flashers.Who knew?And what group of bikers were asking to have a separate button for 4-way flashers?Sorry,just venting,felt pretty dumb not knowing how to turn them off!!

Is that the button on the top/forward part of the left switch housing? I noticed them, but never asked what it was for.

I noticed that too on newer bikes. I prefer the way it is on my Sportster and Electra Glide... Very handy at a moments notice to turn them on and off without hunting for another switch.

Don't know why the triangle button would be such a surprise because my 4-wheelers have triangle button for the 4-way flashers.

Standardization!
To many people had no idea how to put on 4 ways.
WAP.gif

ISO symbol for hazard warning lamps is a triangle
ISO = International Organization for Standardization
Same symbol should be used on all vehicles wherever they are made

Brian

Back