free website stats program tri-glide recall, and pod lights | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

tri-glide recall, and pod lights

On the trunk lid recall I had the place I bought it from to send me a new one and installed myself they are 200 mi away. Make sure if they install a new one it is like the ones they have on the new street glide trike. So far it works fine.

i'm not talking trunk recall; i'm on an 09 tri-glide, in fact we have 2, one for both of us. and we got recalls on both for "fuel tank front mounts". i haven't called any dealers yet. i happened to be home surfing and found hdtimeline. so checked here as i've been waiting to install pods, never had pods b4 and curious regarding recall work.

Make sure if they install a new one it is like the ones they have on the new street glide trike. So far it works fine.

i met a gent last autumn on a new 2010 tri-glide; it had the corrugated seal already on, and he said it still leaks. i haven't power washed my bike since installation, so curious, have u power washed w/ new seal?

Sorry tri-vocals No I have not received anything yet on the tank will see my dealer over V-Day will ask then.

No I have not power washed but have hit it with fair pressure we have 80 pounds on our water supply so far no leaks!! I see you like red also I was at cycle show in Cleveland Fri. looked at a lot of the pods they say they are easy to install.

only concern i have installing is positioning; as chopper mentioned the rite position makes it look professionally installed, i didn't want to just slop them on, and this 103 is sooo hot, was a lil concerned about the heat on the wires. there are no recommendations in instructions about placement, it's all personal preference. i've seen them at a glance, and bought them on a whim, so never really checked placement. and w/ the recall, i wasn't sure if placement was a concern, so we've been holding off installation.

you do know we are yanking your chain :D yes a few of us ride in the snow and i have to say if i had the Trike (again ARE YOU LISTENING HD) i would ride it all year round but HD in there wisdom wont even bring it to the UK :(

oh ps im getting ready to ride to work :D it 5 in the morning and my neinghbours love open pipes :D

Hobbit, it is a plot...HD will introduce the Sporty you want, then just after you finish updating your Ultra...*BAM* the TriGlide cometh...be afraid man, be afraid...:roflOh yeah, the recall will not affect you Hobbit, but the pods would look good on any one of the bikes in your stable.:D

thanks chopper; the first release states pretty much what our recall letters did. my husband, was more interested in the second bulletin as he does all non warranty work himself. so that serves us well also.

my last trike was fun when it ran :( it had a rigid tail with springy seats and you could power slide it round the corners, was a russian copy of a BMW boxer but nowhere near as good, hence i want the Ultra Trike

Hobbit i had a Dnper it was fun but a handfull..

Back