free website stats program Tri Glide Body Alignment | Harley Davidson Forums

Tri Glide Body Alignment

davista2000

I have a 2011 Tri Glide. Problem is the body does not line up the frame over the rear wheels. Yes, I've talked to customer service and they said it was within the MOCO tolerances! I can post pics if that will help. I've even had it looked at at three diferent HD dealers and they've all said it's adjusted as far as it can go. Thanks, Tom

I have a 2011 Tri Glide. Problem is the body does not line up the frame over the rear wheels. Yes, I've talked to customer service and they said it was within the MOCO tolerances! I can post pics if that will help. I've even had it looked at at three diferent HD dealers and they've all said it's adjusted as far as it can go. Thanks, Tom

You will not be able to post pix here until you meet the requirements. A good alternative is to use Photobucket for pix. You can put in a full description for each shot, and maintain separate "albums" for different issues on your bike. See here:

Image hosting, free photo sharing video sharing at Photobucket

TQ

Yes, please post some pictures. Whatever happened to 'Quality Control' and 'Fit and Finish'?
I'd try another Harley dealer who maybe also sells trike conversions, they may have a tech who can take care of the problem.
It makes me wonder was the trike built on a Monday or a Friday? We all know what happens on those two days with work quality.

Ohhhhh Boy,,,,,, If this is the case I feel for you,, that problem would just DRIVE ME NUTS,, Id probably end up in a monestary somewhere making fruitcakes. Good Luck,, keep us up to date..

It has left me talking too myself and getting answers. I forgot to mention that this was run through the MOCO Customer Service Dept. After the bike was disasembled the last time to no avail, the fine MOCO said as long as it didn't pose a safety problem then everything was okay from their end! Such a fine QC program??

This issue was discussed quite a bit elsewhere. Seems many of the 2011s (body) were about 3/4" higher on one side. Since this is 1st year for assembly at York, looks like an assembler wasn't getting it right!

I can live with the body tilt mine is higher on the left side what I can't live with is the handle bars are closer to the tank on the right side and the gauges tilt to the right downward. Factory rep is to look at it. If I straighten the bars where they should be I'm going left but where they are now it drifts to the right. And as far as a saftey issue goes if the trike is pullig right its an issue. I noticed this 80 miles into the purchase,my dealer says it ain't rite. Looks to me like the frame is welded out of specks a 1/4 inch. Trunk lid has problems won't close or lock only to close it is to hold the button in and shut.Wished I would have looked this site up before trading my Street Glide.:(

Bugs2653
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us.
Sorry to hear about the technical issues with your trike. I hope you have a decent dealer who can take care of these problems. The steerings issue is not a good one and needs to be addressed.
Don't they check the trikes before they leave the factory? What happened to quality control?
I would have suggested triking your Street Glide.

I think the Harley trike owners are looking for some hard times with the purchase of the trikes myself JMHO. The dealers haven't caught up with the fixes for the two wheeled bikes yet and then along come the trikes. It will be some time before the repairs on these units catches up.

Bugs2653
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us.
Sorry to hear about the technical issues with your trike. I hope you have a decent dealer who can take care of these problems. The steerings issue is not a good one and needs to be addressed.
Don't they check the trikes before they leave the factory? What happened to quality control?
I would have suggested triking your Street Glide.

Thanks I will let you all know what they do. They did not want to touch it until factory looks at it. If it was off in the jig when welded then its junk and will need a new frame. I'm hoping its something simple.

Back