free website stats program trap door | Harley Davidson Forums

trap door

corrigon

Contributor
The trap door on my 1999 dyna is bad. On ebay a guy has a billet door that he says fits 5 speeds from 85 to 97 5 speeds. The bolt measurements he shows matchs mine. Does anyone know what changes were made between the 97 and 99?

The most up to date part number and description for the bearing housing for a 1999 dyna = BEARING HOUSING w/ # 3,12 & 27 (black) Part No: 35260-90C
The -90c at the end of the part number would tend to indicate it is the third revision of a part first used in 1990 and would fill the application of the part back as far as 1990
Sometimes when a part is given a description that it will fit 1990 to 1997 the description is written when the part is created ie 1997 and not amended to suite later applications

Brian

Thanks gents, like Jack I think it looks like Jims billet support so I will order it. What's life without a little gamble? Another puzzle. I ordered Jims bearing rebuild kit for this box and gaskets and bearings are right except for split caged bearings on counter and main shafts. This box has been converted to six speed and they weren't proud enough of it to put their mark on it so--- anyhow Jims brg. kits are supposed to use same as HD brgs so that leaves them out. I have noticed that six speed conversion gear kits come with brg support plate or trap door, whatever, but this one has HD plate # 35053-99 so must be orginal plate. The individual rollers in my brgs measure .155--3.93mm and the Jims brg has .076--1.96mm. I am having no luck, even through local HD or independant cycle shop or the internet finding these caged brgs. Suggestions?

If I can find the info on this problem I will post it here so maybe will help someone else. Thanks, corrigon

If I can find the info on this problem I will post it here so maybe will help someone else. Thanks, corrigon

Gopher Bearing Co, Saint Paul MN 55114 Call these guys, if they cant answer your questions I would be surprised. They have been around since I was a kid and they handled everything from national to OEM seals and bearings for off road Heavy trucks. I remember as a kid going there with my dad to get alternator bearings and seals I was amazed at the HUGE stock and knowledge of these guys, later in life i found they stocked sealed type wheel bearings for after market harley wheels like Hallcraft that was early 80s:s

Good plan Jack. I am waiting on a reply from Jims now, maybe tomorrow. If they can't help I will try Gopher. Thanks

Just an update on the trap door. The ones on ebay for $70.00 have the small bearing bore so if you are going to use on later trans. you will need to bore for bigger bearings. Other than that they are nice billet doors. $70.00 versus $200.00 plus.

Back