free website stats program Transmission side cover bolt torque | Harley Davidson Forums

Transmission side cover bolt torque

Ratman

Discrepency in shop manual- in beginning of transmission chapter that lists all torque values, it shows 7-9 ft. lbs. but in actual section dealing with side cover it calls for 10-12 ft. lbs. I guess I should mention it is a 93 Fatboy.
I'm thinking the primary cover bolts are 7-9 and this is just a misprint.
Also, new cable has plastic coating on cable a few inches back from either end- is this something new?
Old cable was getting close to running out of threads on the adjuster, but it was the original- and I have almost 82,000 mi.- is this good service for a clutch cable?
Thanks in advance.

Discrepency in shop manual- in beginning of transmission chapter that lists all torque values, it shows 7-9 ft. lbs. but in actual section dealing with side cover it calls for 10-12 ft. lbs. I guess I should mention it is a 93 Fatboy.
I'm thinking the primary cover bolts are 7-9 and this is just a misprint.
Also, new cable has plastic coating on cable a few inches back from either end- is this something new?
Old cable was getting close to running out of threads on the adjuster, but it was the original- and I have almost 82,000 mi.- is this good service for a clutch cable?
Thanks in advance.

Make sure that all the bolts are the same size. I think that was true on my '91 Dyna. The big bike ('03 UC) has two different size bolts.

TQ

Back