free website stats program transmission plug | Harley Davidson Forums

transmission plug

Billbo

This is just to stand as an 'update' on some of my previous posts here. Long story short - my transmission drain plug got stripped. I took to dealer to install timesert and they said they got a new plug installed with no problem AND no charge! I liked that and put in synthetic so not to have to drain as often. WELL, I just wanted to use REDLINE, and I did NOT want to remove the plug again - so I tried the ole turkey baster - tied the bike off to rafter with a com-a-long and laid it over toward the right side, removed the tranny cap and sucked 22 oz of old oil out using the turkey baster!!!! Not hard to do at all - AND I no longer have to concern myself with that 'out of sight' drain plug. refilled with redline and hoping for a better and quieter and easier shift - especially into first gear. Mostly just wanted to tell everyone here that the turkey baster WILL suck out most all of your transmission fluid without messing with that drain plug (softails up between the shocks).

Bill :bigsmiley12::bigsmiley12:

If this works for you I see no problem as the fluid does not need to be changed as often as the motor oil:s

I put REDLINE in my tranny and rode to Dallas and back - about 800 miles round trip and I will say this -- Redline IS the way to go.

Thanks Bubbie for your persistance - I now am a believer.

Bill

Back