free website stats program Transmission oil 2003 Heritage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Transmission oil 2003 Heritage

2003 Heritage shifter sticking

:(When I shift, the shifter doesn't return to the center position. To change either up or down shift, I must use by foot to center the shifter.
Any suggestions. I'm over 100 miles from the nearest Harley shop, in N.E. Oklahoma.
Also while I'm working on the bike, which way do I adjust the rear shock bolts, forward or back to make the ride a little softer.

Does anyone know the safe passenger weight for the 2003 Hert. Softail Classic, completely stock.

Check all the pivot points from shifter through linkage to trans. Maybe loose or may just need lubed from binding or even adjusted. If you have owners manual it will discuss shock adjustment and GVW of motorcycle. Also where is air pressure set at??? If manual not available recommend getting HD shop manual.

Re: 2003 Heritage shifter sticking

:(When I shift, the shifter doesn't return to the center position. To change either up or down shift, I must use by foot to center the shifter.
Any suggestions. I'm over 100 miles from the nearest Harley shop, in N.E. Oklahoma.
Also while I'm working on the bike, which way do I adjust the rear shock bolts, forward or back to make the ride a little softer.

Does anyone know the safe passenger weight for the 2003 Hert. Softail Classic, completely stock.

Safe Weight Calculator

Back