free website stats program Transmission Lube Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Transmission Lube Question

kzoo

Banned
I recently changed my tranny fluid in my 04 Heritage to Redline Heavy with Shockproof. After putting it in and checking the level a few times, I was wondering if this stuff will clump up at all on bearings and such. I have maybe 600 miles on the Redline. Not opposed to changing it to something else, or should I just wait.

Also, how do you drain the Heavy....must have to be warm and patient!!

I recently changed my tranny fluid in my 04 Heritage to Redline Heavy with Shockproof. After putting it in and checking the level a few times, I was wondering if this stuff will clump up at all on bearings and such. I have maybe 600 miles on the Redline. Not opposed to changing it to something else, or should I just wait.

Also, how do you drain the Heavy....must have to be warm and patient!!

kzoo,

ONLY Drain oils from any bike Hot NOT cold.

Redline Shockproof Heavy

This is the Best lube for your tranny IMHO.
No it won't clump. I have seen information where a tranny was run Dry after drained for changing. It ran for?250 miles and NO Damage was found when the owner had it taken down to check it.. Now that is virtually Impossible with any other lube I know of.

YES it takes a while to drain out AS it CLINGS to the metal and Protects it..

Dave of Redline (tech) told me, HD finally made a good decision in his opinion by calling out their tranny's to go 20,000 miles before service is needed.
He also said that the Redline Shockproof Heavy would NOT have a problem going 40,000 miles and Not even then would it need to be changed BUT said to follow HD's guide-line for the change at 20,000 miles.

IF you want Light weight and a little thinner they DO make 3 different shockproof lubes for a tranny or gear box,,,,I wouldn't change from the Heavy...

You Must be New at this Redline stuff. IT has been out on the market for years,,, RACING people use redline products Because they WORK like stated by Redline. and me.:D

Not many lubes HD uses in their tranny's will be Metal Free on the magnetic drain plug like Redline.
Never Ever on My magnet is there EVER metal.

Change IF you want but :lolrolling

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Bubbie. I am new to the redline products. I have the Shockproof Heavy in the tranny and their primary in that hole .....

I imagine I will need to let the scoot warm up a bit in cooler weather.....

What is the best oil to put in the 6 speed?

Pops

Spectro golden GL5 IMO.

tn571s3.jpg

Could someone explain to me the difference between SVT and SVO< I see they have different vscosity at different temps, but what does that equate to, and why would we use one over the other?

Thanks in advance, Bill

I know this has probably been asked to death....but I can't seem to find it.
Will my 1994 FLSTC benefit by switching to synthetic? Have always run Dino.
Have been very consistent with changes in all three holes. (actually a little nuts about it according to some. Can I just change tranny and would that be of any benefit.
I will join the battle of the who's best if you think it would benefit my baby, I mean bike.

Thanks in advance. And if this is answered in self help don't yell at me I just couldn't find it. LOL

Thank you sir, I never would have imagined I would want to know so much about oils. I have always believed in using the best you can find, but there is so much more to it than just "use a synthetic GL-5" for example.

That was exactly the info I was looking for.

Regards, Bill

Back