free website stats program Transmission Dipstick! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Transmission Dipstick!

I think you just need to be careful putting the dipstick back in the hole and not get the dipstick on the wrong side of the clutch cable. It don't touch the cable if you put it on the outside of the cable. But it's easy to get the stick on the inside of the cable.

Now that would explain everything. That's gotta be it, otherwise I just can't see the cable having enough side force to saw through the rod.

You guys are a life save! I never would have even thought of this happening had you not enlightened me about it.
I am going to check mine a.s.a.p for signs of wear.

It could be a similar problem in the 5 speeds too because of the design of the dipstick in the cover, worth a look IMO.

Just one more reason to add to the list of why I'll never spend another 20,000 dollars on a harley!!!:34:

Just one more reason to add to the list of why I'll never spend another 20,000 dollars on a harley!!!:34:

Ahaw, hogrotten, You know your only at 19,001 on your list, so you've got a Long ways to go!!!

I looked today for a dip-stick for my 09 FLHR tranny.. Buying one to shorten the stick on just to be on the Safe Side..

Went to Downtown in Kent, they were out... Then Destination in Tacoma Wa. ,,,, out... But what a nice ride.
Even had the hd guy check Portland Oregon, Him saying "are you serious"? I said it just depended on the weather.. A little late today so maybe tomorrow.... He ended by saying, They don't have any in stock either...
Well i might just go and see for myself..

Back roads down to Portland Org. and across the Columbia River might take a full day the way I go.. The Scenic Route takes me about 8 hrs on all back 2 lane roads, but the Hated way is just 3hrs by freeway...

Just another *excuse to ride the bike, but who needs *one!

Maybe central Oregon, Cascade Harley in Bend Org. has one..

This might turn into a good road trip... See YA !

signed....BUBBIE

Was reading this info and checked my 2000 RK 5sp and it had two rub marks on it, not deep but went ahead and bought another and cut one off so I would say that it could definitely happen to 5 speeds also. Thanks to all for the great advice on this forum.

Why not keep your old stick and replace with one of those fancy bling type plugs from J P or Drag Specialties and dress that baby up:p

Back