free website stats program Transmission bearing for a 6 speed gear set? | Harley Davidson Forums

Transmission bearing for a 6 speed gear set?

Overcamber

Account Removed
looking for a bearing number? I'll provide as much info as possible..I'm buying a 6 speed gear set off a person but the paper work is not included..I know its not a screaming eagle set for sure..He tells me apparently that a bearing in my 5 speed case has to be changed in the transmission to accept the larger shaft of the six speed .He tells me this is common with all the six speed conversions. The O.D. is the same but the I.D is larger to accept the larger shaft? Has anybody experienced this or can possibly supply the proper bearing number I require?..thanks in advance Smile Smile

this is what it looks like?

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 16
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 16
Who makes the tranny? Is it a road maxx? I have one....great transmission. Or your best bet is to get a digital caliper and measure it. Since you know the outside measurement; just measure the shaft diameter. If it is a road maxx....i have a parts listing for it. Or you can go to harley and have them check hd net on their system for a parts listing on a six speed tranny for you year make and model by screamin eagle.

Back