free website stats program Transferring License to Utah | Harley Davidson Forums

Transferring License to Utah

Dan.1977P

So it's now official that I'm moving to Utah. In Virginia there is no requirement for engine size when testing and getting an endorsement so how does transferring my license to Utah work? Anyone know if they are going to make me sit around for hours to retest or do I just get a pass since I already have an endorsement from Virginia?

You'll have to search and see what Utah requires. When I moved from Minnesota to Colorado all I had to do is apply for the license and turn in my MN. drivers license. No test was required other than a vision test.

I did a search for you on Utah's DMV site. Looks like you have to go to your local DMV in Utah and file the paperwork, show proof i.e. proof you have a valid drivers license from another state and it looks like a written test is required but not a driving test.

I'd google Utah's DMV and read the requirements yourself. Looks like theres a site to study for the written portion. Good luck.

TX honored my endorsement from SC, no test of any kind...whewwww! But as already pointed out states differ. Good luck .
WAP.gif

Yeah, I've checked everything out but there is no mention about the engine size for transfers. Not really worried about taking either test but who really wants to sit at the DMV for hours?

Yeah, I've checked everything out but there is no mention about the engine size for transfers. Not really worried about taking either test but who really wants to sit at the DMV for hours?

I think most states got ride of motor size on their endorsements. If you have a MC endorsement you're good to go.

Check the DMV website, here in FL a Motorcycle also lets you ride ALL bikes including trikes Motor Cycle only means just that here

apologies to OP for a digression, but reading this made me think of the fact that i got my M license here in NY state when i was 20 years old.I am 66 and still have it with no further anything from the state. . Does any state retest people when they get old ?

You might call the DMV in the area you are moving to and get an appointment. It should cut your sitting around time down.

apologies to OP for a digression, but reading this made me think of the fact that i got my M license here in NY state when i was 20 years old.I am 66 and still have it with no further anything from the state. . Does any state retest people when they get old ?

I believe if you continue to pass the eye test for renewal it makes no difference your age unless you are sent for a drivers evaluation due to accidents or poor driving conduct.

Back