free website stats program Trans Oil | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Trans Oil

Ok, you guys have convinced me and I'm gonna try it! I'll let you know how it works, next spring when I finally drag it back out of garage. Until then I'll be hangin in the mountains on my snowboard. To flippin' cold to ride to work in am's anymore.:17:

Ace, I also live in spokane I had the guy at cyclegear order some in and he has 2 more quarts. cyclegear is on sprague next to Home depot. If ya want to change it now. I went to every bike shop I could think of before having it orderd so locally that might be the only place to get it.:14: Ride Safe!!

Ace, I also live in spokane I had the guy at cyclegear order some in and he has 2 more quarts. cyclegear is on sprague next to Home depot. If ya want to change it now. I went to every bike shop I could think of before having it orderd so locally that might be the only place to get it.:14: Ride Safe!!
wildspirit97,
I'll pick some up on my way home from work tomorrow. If your from spokane, have you been to Renegade Classics off of Freya? My daughter works there and my shop is just down from MASH in the valley. Small world, ehh?
Peace!

yeah, I've been in there,lot's a leather and neat stuff. Hey you might make a run into mash, I went in there and gave the guy a picture of that 6 speed oil and wrote my number on it, he was supposed to talk to the spectro rep and call me but he never did.

Hey WildSpirit,
Went by MASH at lunch. Ask about the spectro platinum. He asks me weren't you in here last week? I say no, he shows me a picture of the bottle with what I assume to be your name and number and says this aint you? I says no, but, that's the stuff I'm looking for. Apparently the spectro rep told him it on order and he should have in two weeks. Blah, blah, blah, Anyways, not yet, I'll swing by geared up and check them out. Have you tried out at roadhouse?

Well I know Cyclegear has 2 or at least had 2 on the shelf. He told me he had to order 3 to get the one for me. If you go in there and you don't see it I would ask the guy about cause it didn't take 2 weeks for him to get it. He ordered it Thursday night and I picked it up Monday afternoon.
As for MASH, that used to be the only place I'd go for parts,tire changes and stuff like that, but since they moved I haven't gotten the same service.

if you don't mind me asking what would you recommend in the 5 speed on an '06 XL1200R?

I just spoke with Ken at Spectro. For my '07 XL1200C he recommended the GL1 75W140 (changing it only once a year.) As a less expensive alternative he recommended the Golden Spectro Primary Chaincase which is dino oil.

He advised NOT to use the GL5 in the 5-speed, since the additive plays havoc with the clutch.

Back