free website stats program Trans Oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Trans Oil

jocamp

after reading these posts about oil i,ve come to the conclusion that most of you fellows don,t put enough miles on a bike to make a bit of diff, about the oils,, and from what i can understand there isn,t a heck of a lot of diff. in the major brand oils i,m not talking about hd oil or amsoil those are just names that impress a lot of you and they can charge the heck out of ya. now i,m sure i,m gonna be called a dirty bugger however as you can see from profile i have an old bike 95 glide and have as of today 86900 and have never as much as changed the drive belt and i use only whatever major brand thats on sale at the local parts store and the same for filters, never had any engine work done,, now to be honest in the last month i have developed a small seepage at the base gasket not enough to drip but ya can see it, i think it has reached this ripe old age and health for 2 reasons i take care of it and 3 mo,s after i bought it i put an oil cooler on,, just my thoughts

Re: Trans Oil Poll

well i,m sure there are a lot that put miles on bikes ,, also have a suzuki with about the same on it,, but if ya read the post its about oil i mentioned miles because a lot were talking about tearing down at 12 to 20,000 and the parts still looked new,,, probably cause they were still new nothin to do with the oil. and i,m pretty sure if i said i rode 100,000 a year someone would have to say they ride twice that amount. just my humble opinion

Re: Trans Oil Poll

here the real question i never could figure out .. if your happy with car oils and it works for you .. why would ya care what i spend and what oils i use?

we got a guy at work like this because my boots say harley i paid to much even though his no namers he paid as much for ..

By Federal Law car /automotive oils only have 600ppm of Zinc and Phosphorus in them. Thanks to Al Gore and his tree hugger friends! These are your anti-ware additives. Motorcycle oils are exempt from this federal regulation and I know that Spectro has 1800 ppm of these two anti-ware additives in there batch blended formulations. I think using Motorcycle Oil is worth the added peace of mind and cheap insurance from mechanical failures.

Back