free website stats program Trans oil question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Trans oil question

Been using Spectro for years. Not sold in my town but when I'm in a town that has it, I stock up. Just planning ahead. I always have enough for at least two changes in stock.
The $10 shipping is something you won't really get around. It costs money to ship.

Both Bob's Cycle and JakeWilson (RockyMountain ATV) offer free shipping once you spend a specific $$ amount. Good if you intend on spending that much anyhow but not so great if you really don't.

Both Bob's Cycle and JakeWilson (RockyMountain ATV) offer free shipping once you spend a specific $$ amount. Good if you intend on spending that much anyhow but not so great if you really don't.

I contacted Bobs cycle and spoke to Mark Deitz a few times to try to set up some sort of package for the members but I guess he's not interested in selling oil because twice now he never returned my call after we spoke with any particulars.

So much for that attempt, I hope they have a better business approach than this when selling oil.

I contacted Bobs cycle and spoke to Mark Deitz a few times to try to set up some sort of package for the members but I guess he's not interested in selling oil because twice now he never returned my call after we spoke with any particulars.

So much for that attempt, I hope they have a better business approach than this when selling oil.

Sooo, you were attempting to get us all at hdtimeline a deal? And it didn't pan out so well.. :(

Wonder if when each of us places an order with them if it'd help mentioning we'd heard of them through this site. That may get their attention. Or I suppose those of us within close proximity to each other just combine an order to get the free shipping.

I've never ordered from them yet but wonder if anyone has had any problems with them (topic for another thread me thinks).

Wow, Bob's cycle supply went up in price. I believe I paid less than 15 a quart when I last ordered it, but ordered 2 quarts at the time to meet the free shipping, if I remember correctly.

Regardless, I think based on the opinions here you'll have a better chance at finding Amsoil or Royal Purple and should be happy with the results. For a better price.

Another suggestion is to look through the Transmission fluid poll under the Oil thread and pm the ones who mentioned they used Royal Purple for their thoughts.

Yep, both Bob's and Jake Wilson's prices went up from just this summer. Finding the same when I go to Walmart for my M1 auto oils as well.

Sooo, you were attempting to get us all at hdtimeline a deal? And it didn't pan out so well.. :(

Wonder if when each of us places an order with them if it'd help mentioning we'd heard of them through this site. That may get their attention. Or I suppose those of us within close proximity to each other just combine an order to get the free shipping.

I've never ordered from them yet but wonder if anyone has had any problems with them (topic for another thread me thinks).

That's a good idea, while your're at it tell him to get back to glider too.:s

You might want to try Redline heavy shockproof - I've been using it and it seems to shift smoother and it's also more quiet - I've had real good luck with all the Redline products that I've used.

is this good for the 2012 bikes as well?

If you're referring to Redline, yes it can be used in 2012 bikes as well. I prefer the Spectro myself because of cold weather operation, the Redline takes a while to warm up so it shifts properly.

I also ate the bullet when i first switched to spectro by buying in online at $20 a qt and $10 for shipping.Then i got in contact with a local indy shop and they started supplying it,now i only have to pay $15 a qt.:newsmile093:

Back