Votes: 45 3.6%
  • Bel Ray

Votes: 56 4.5%
  • Lucas

Votes: 33 2.6%
  • OTHER (Please specify)

Votes: 223 17.8%

• Total voters
The extreme pressure additives found in a true gear lube can harm yellow metals but as I understand there are no yellow metals in the HD tranny.

Yellow metals would include bushings but not limited to those parts, not normally found in modern Harley transmissions

I had just changed my tranny fluid to Royal Purple the day I found the brass in my oil. When they did the reman on my engine they pulled the oil pan and refilled with formula plus, while I know it is an acceptable fluid, I will be changing back to gear lube:s

I removed the latest posts in this thread. They were not productive to this thread. It is a poll thread. Lets try and keep it at that.

62k with Mobil 1 75 / 140 and no problems, Smooth, quite shifting clean magnet. Tried some BelRay stuff once. Change it out after around 1k. Didn't like it at all.

62k with Mobil 1 75 / 140 and no problems, Smooth, quite shifting clean magnet. Tried some BelRay stuff once. Change it out after around 1k. Didn't like it at all.
I used Mobil 1 75/140 in my last bike (rice burner) and I really liked it. Not sure what I'll use come my next change this fall, Mobil 1 or Royal Purple but it will be between those two.

I removed the last posts again. Keep it what it is, a poll.

Back