free website stats program Trans Lube | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Trans Lube

I will only use Spectro or Redline now having tried the range out there. Spectro is much harder to find here so I have a good supply of Red Line. That's the only reason, although the Spectro is much more expensive here as well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either one, both top shelf lubricants without question in my experience. I have felt no difference in my bike between the two. Both are quiet and smooth with slick shifting and easy click neutral (compared to the stock Harley fluid). If I had to use the stock HD fluid I would just change it more often, but the smooth tranny performance would' t be there.

Is their a differance between Red Line shockproof V-Twin Trans Oil -- and Red Line heavy duty shockproof V twin trans oil?
Some place I thought it was just the same thing just in a new bottle.

Currently running Spectro 6 speed in my '07, it made a marginal improvement over the Mobil1 75/90 that was in it for less clunk and smoother shifts. I have a bottle of Redline on the shelf for next change. I sorta don't like the Pepto Bismol look of Redline that I've seen on disassembled transmissions, but I'm gonna use it.

Based on these discussions, I bought a quart of Redline shockproof (had to buy off the internet as no one locally stocked it), and switched out the Lucas 75/90 Synthetic Gear Oil I was running in my transmission.

Have run a few hundred miles now with the Redline, and to tell the truth, there's not a lot of difference I can tell between the Lucas and the Redline.

When I replaced the HD 'stuff' with the Lucas, the difference was very noticeable, and I guess I expected even more from the Redline?

At any rate, the Redline will stay in the transmission for a few thousand miles more - maybe the claimed quality will be good for the gears.

I use Drag Specialties in both of mine. I've never had a problem.

If I can find some of this Redline that everyone keeps mentioning, I will give it a shot. I've never seen it before in real life, unless I'm not looking hard enough. I guess I can always order it online or something along those lines.

Redline ShockProof Heavy is the same Vtwin Tranny Lube Oil

Bottled/labeled different is all to capture the V-Twin Crowd...

Both the same product...

I do get a kick out of many of you that think you need to change out Redline Shockproof OFTEN :newsmile100:

Harley changed the drain interval to 20,000 miles long while back and that was using THEIR stuff...

I just change my Redline Shockproof today... I changed it EARLY
17,000 miles :p instead of 20,000 like last time...:small3d019:

I have the 09 FLHR 6 speed and have Short of 90,000 TROUBLE FREE MILES on it... I used Redline SP Heavy right off the show room floor...

The HD Dealer asked me what oil I used when I bought that bike.. ALL Redline products Was my reply... LOL he said SO do I... So, It came with Shockproof in the tranny and MTL in the primary (same as Redline Vtwin Primary Lube) Says so on the bottle...

Used HD 360 20/50 Dino oil for the engine break in though...

Now just suggesting: go more than a 5,000 mile oil change with it in the tranny... YES the gears do CHOMP at the molecular components in the oil.... SHEAR it is called... The engineer over at redline told me that it would do well and last 40,000 miles BUT said to follow HD's suggested drain intervals of 20,000 miles..

MANY bikes over the years and NEVER EVER any tranny troubles NEVER...

NO Metal of any kind on the magnetic plugs NEVER

I have used Shockproof when most of you were just thinking HD....:newsmile100:

NO I don't get paid from Redline but I should... I called them once and asked for a little for FREE for all the PUSH I do... :newsmile100:

I ONLY suggest Redline Products as They WORK... The best I have ever used... And For You NEW Guys and Gals, please take my Word on it... Try it but don't Drain it Early (shockproof heavy) Go the Limit,,,It Will go there also...

Living in a real Cold Climate ? they make light weight shockproof also...

Enough for now...

Noticed I posted in this thread before... just ADDED another...
Probably says the same thing...? I have to go read it...:rofl

signed....BUBBIE

Is their a differance between Red Line shockproof V-Twin Trans Oil -- and Red Line heavy duty shockproof V twin trans oil?
Some place I thought it was just the same thing just in a new bottle.

Redline ShockProof Heavy is the same Vtwin Tranny Lube Oil

Bottled/labeled different is all to capture the V-Twin Crowd...

Both the same product...

I do get a kick out of many of you that think you need to change out Redline Shockproof OFTEN :newsmile100:

Harley changed the drain interval to 20,000 miles long while back and that was using THEIR stuff...

I just change my Redline Shockproof today... I changed it EARLY
17,000 miles :p instead of 20,000 like last time...:small3d019:

I have the 09 FLHR 6 speed and have Short of 90,000 TROUBLE FREE MILES on it... I used Redline SP Heavy right off the show room floor...

The HD Dealer asked me what oil I used when I bought that bike.. ALL Redline products Was my reply... LOL he said SO do I... So, It came with Shockproof in the tranny and MTL in the primary (same as Redline Vtwin Primary Lube) Says so on the bottle...

Used HD 360 20/50 Dino oil for the engine break in though...

Now just suggesting: go more than a 5,000 mile oil change with it in the tranny... YES the gears do CHOMP at the molecular components in the oil.... SHEAR it is called... The engineer over at redline told me that it would do well and last 40,000 miles BUT said to follow HD's suggested drain intervals of 20,000 miles..

MANY bikes over the years and NEVER EVER any tranny troubles NEVER...

NO Metal of any kind on the magnetic plugs NEVER

I have used Shockproof when most of you were just thinking HD....:newsmile100:

NO I don't get paid from Redline but I should... I called them once and asked for a little for FREE for all the PUSH I do... :newsmile100:

I ONLY suggest Redline Products as They WORK... The best I have ever used... And For You NEW Guys and Gals, please take my Word on it... Try it but don't Drain it Early (shockproof heavy) Go the Limit,,,It Will go there also...

Living in a real Cold Climate ? they make light weight shockproof also...

Enough for now...

Noticed I posted in this thread before... just ADDED another...
Probably says the same thing...? I have to go read it...:rofl

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks BUBBIE. I thought it was the same but it don't hurt to ask. I have been told their are no stupid questions. Some times you get stupid awnsers tho. LOL
I looked but couldn't find the post that stated they were the same just new package. I haven't tried redline oil yet , been using Mobile 1 V Twin in the motor, and formula + in the primary. Been happy so far.

Bubbie u da MAN!!!!!

That's why I suggest when changing your own oil and filter and the money saved why not change out the primary and transmission oil at the same time. I change all 3 oils at 5,000 mile interval.

I switched to Spectro six speed about 500 miles ago, amazing difference from Syn3. I'll probably try Redline heavy after 5000 miles, just for a comparison, if possible to tell any difference. Also put Formula+ in the primary and kept Syn3 in the motor this go round. Formula+ in the primary made a huge difference in noise and what I'll call primary chain slap.

Back