free website stats program Trans Lube | Harley Davidson Forums

Trans Lube

leeanders

Choosing between Spectro 6 speed Trans Lubricant - (or) - Red Line shockproof V-Twin Trans Oil -- What would be your choice and why?

Thanks

Baker recommends Spectro, Redline is top also I have used Royal purple as well, less clunk and it holds up and does not shear

Either choice is a good one. Try one then next oil change try another. Both choices are top shelf.

I have used both and wouldn't hesitate to use either. It would boil down to how available each is and secondly cost.

Currently running Spectro 6 speed in my '07, it made a marginal improvement over the Mobil1 75/90 that was in it for less clunk and smoother shifts. I have a bottle of Redline on the shelf for next change. I sorta don't like the Pepto Bismol look of Redline that I've seen on disassembled transmissions, but I'm gonna use it.

I have always PROMOTED Freely Redline...

I know that the ShockProof Heavy is designed For NO Metal To Metal contact...

Using others JUST to see IF they work as well is a Waste OF time in my Book...:small3d023:

Harley FINALLY says to change out the tranny at 20,000 miles...

That said :::: IF your choice is not the best, 20,000 miles is WEAR that should not have happened JUST for trying to SEE...

Take My word AND Many Others who use Redline Shockproof.... Heavy, Light Or the lighter product they make...

Redline is the Best By Far.:rofl

JMHO

signed....BUBBIE

I have always PROMOTED Freely Redline...

I know that the ShockProof Heavy is designed For NO Metal To Metal contact...

Using others JUST to see IF they work as well is a Waste OF time in my Book...:small3d023:

Harley FINALLY says to change out the tranny at 20,000 miles...

That said :::: IF your choice is not the best, 20,000 miles is WEAR that should not have happened JUST for trying to SEE...

Take My word AND Many Others who use Redline Shockproof.... Heavy, Light Or the lighter product they make...

Redline is the Best By Far.:rofl

JMHO

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie,
Well stated. To add another thought, if you are changing your oil your self, the money saved, always change transmission and primary oils at the 5,000 mile interval. For we all know that peace of mind is priceless......:s

Shockproof, hands down.:bigsmiley6: For the reasons Bubbie posted plus the additional benefit of being able to determine if a primary leak is from the tranny or the inner primary.:D

Shockproof, hands down.:bigsmiley6: For the reasons Bubbie posted plus the additional benefit of being able to determine if a primary leak is from the tranny or the inner primary.:D

Dolt brings up a great point about leak detection. No questions about it, if its red! I used it when I had a shift shaft seal leaking to determine the source.

I went with the redline at my 5000 mile service and after reading up on their products I think I will go with their motor oil on my next service

Back